ForwardKeys.com is an innovative company based in Valencia, Spain, with global brand and presence. We are a data, IT and business intelligence company offering a new approach to traveller operational business intelligence, leveraging global flight reservation information and other data to monitor and qualify traveller flows, map global demand, and forecast trends. We provide live, tactical information and exclusive insights to Tourism Boards, Hotels Chains, Retailers, Airports, duty free operators, tax refund, car rentals, and all those that have a travellers-related business.
As data steward, you will be responsible for:
- Collecting, collating, and triaging issues and problems with data: Prioritized issues must be communicated to those individuals who may be impacted. The steward must also communicate issues and other relevant information (e.g., root causes) to those staff members that are in a position to influence remediation.
- Managing standard business definitions, metadata, data documentation and business rules: This includes identifying, developing and approving key business terms and data definitions, ensuring compliance with naming conventions and naming standards, facilitating convergence for the correct definitions, associating business term definitions with their authoritative sources.
- Managing data quality standards:Participate in the development of data quality standards that must be applied to the data sets that are both used and produced within FK. Defining or checking the data quality rules associated with the data sets, and using any technology required to assess and maintain a high level of data quality. oversee the quality, completeness, and consistency of data, communicate changed business requirements, and participate in the enforcement of data quality standards. Also validate data as it enters the environment to ensure that the internal and external data suppliers are complying with data quality expectations.
- Distributing information:This involves enabling the capability to disseminate reference data in an efficient manner.
- Managing the data life cycle:There are data quality aspects associated with the creation, modification, sharing, reuse, retention, and back up of data. If any issues regarding the use or availability of data over the data lifetime emerge, it is the responsibility of the steward to resolve them.
Personal skills and experience
- Data viz, analysis and interpretation hands-on previous experience.
- Hands-on experience with BI tools such as PowerBI, Metabase, Quicksight, etc.
- SQL and NoSQL DB technologies.
- Working knowledge of Linux OS.
Nice to have
- AWS cloud
- Data governance & management
- International experience
- Have an eye for details and being thorough
- Be a team player
- Good written and verbal communication skills
- Full time, indefinite contract.
- Be part of a fun, successful yet stable, young and exciting company.
- Nice and dynamic working environment.
- Flexible working hours.
- ForwardKeys Fridays: four working Fridays off per year.
- Remote work.
- Wellbeing activities: Pilates, Yoga, Mindfulness and Osteopath.
- English, Spanish classes.
The job location