JUMP is a cloud platform that turns digital media businesses’ data into the knowledge they need to optimize their business.
JUMP offers an easy to use cloud platform design which has been built to the principles of Big Data, Artificial Intelligence and Experimentation.
As a Data Scientist at Jump you will help us discover the information hidden in vast amounts of data and help us make smarter decisions to deliver even better products.
Your primary focus will be in applying data mining techniques, performing statistical analysis, and building high quality prediction systems integrated with our products. Amongst other duties you will design data models, data flows, mathematical models and computing algorithms that will help “build a system for automated churn detection”, “automate scoring using machine learning techniques”, “build recommendation systems”, etc.
- Selecting features, building, and optimizing classifiers using machine learning techniques
- Data mining using state-of-the-art methods
- Extending Jump’s customers data with third-party sources of information when needed
- Enhancing data collection procedures to include information that is relevant to build analytic systems
- Processing, cleansing, and verifying the integrity of data used for analysis
- Performing ad-hoc analysis and presenting results in a clear manner
- Creating automated anomaly detection systems and constant tracking of its performance
Skills and qualifications
- Excellent understanding of machine learning techniques and algorithms, such as k-NN, Naive Bayes, SVM, Decision Forests, etc.
- Experience with common data science toolkits, such as R, Weka, NumPy, MatLab, etc and tools such as Project Jupyter.
- Great communication skills
- Experience with data visualisation tools, such as D3.js, GGplot, etc.
- Proficiency in using query languages such as SQL, Hive, Pig
- Experience with NoSQL databases, such as Couch.db, MongoDB, Cassandra, HBase or others
- Good applied statistics skills, such as distributions, statistical testing, regression, etc.
- Scripting and programming skills (Python, Java, R, etc.)
- Data-oriented personality
Work Experience and Education Guidelines
- 2+ years experience with a focus on Big Data and/or Artificial intelligene
- Bachelor’s degree or higher