ForwardKeys.com is an innovative company based in Valencia, Spain, with global brand and presence. We are a data, IT and business intelligence company offering a new approach to traveller operational business intelligence, leveraging global flight reservation information and other data to monitor and qualify traveller flows, map global demand, and forecast trends. We provide live, tactical information and exclusive insights to Tourism Boards, Hotels Chains, Retailers, Airports, duty free operators, tax refund, car rentals, and all those that have a travellers-related business.
We are looking for a Data QA Engineer, to come and reinforce our Quality Assurance team. You will be dealing working closely with our data engineers, being an essential element of the SCRUM process. Your tasks will encompass test suite definition, expression of acceptance criteria, data pipelines definition and analysis, manual one-off data testing, and definition of automated metrics and show-stoppers in the data flow. You will also take part in the daily quality control analysis and maintenance.
Personal skills and experience
- Experience as Data QA between 1 and 3 years.
- Experience with agile methodologies. Understand the priorities and the sprint goals of the team.
- Work side by side with the SCRUM team and with the rest of the quality department.
- Review acceptance criteria before and during grooming sessions.
- Be ready to help apply quality procedures throughout the software lifecycle and the data flow.
- Programming: SQL, Git.
- BI tools: Dremio, Athena, AWS, Snowflake.
- Visualization: PowerBI, Excel
- Data pipelines: Jenkins, GitLab.
- Management tools: Jira, Confluence.
- Test suite definition and execution.
- Regression testing, functional testing, integration testing.
- ETL and data pipelines manual testing.
- Definition of automated data quality controls.
- Data flow, environments and data versioning.
- We are looking for high-level English speakers.
- You are a proactive team player, a good communicator and you pay attention to details.
Nice to have
- International experience.
- Data governance tools: Informatica, Collibra, Talend, IBM.
- Python, Spark, Jupyter, Numpy.
- Sonar, static testing.
- Quality management, quality gates.
- Understanding of the travel industry.