What you'll do
- Build robust data pipelines using BigQuery, Scio, Flyte, Scala, and Python.
- Engage in a collaborative environment in order to deliver value to our users and support company-wide initiatives.
- Define data models that tie together fragmented data across the entire organization.
- Write robust, scalable, and maintainable software that transforms large volumes of data into business-critical reports and datasets.
Who you are
- Have experience with SQL (beyond CRUD) and data modeling principles.
- Experience with large-scale data processing in a distributed environment. We use Map Reduce frameworks (Hadoop, Beam, Crunch, Scalding, Storm, Spark, etc).
- Understands Functional Programming concepts. We value knowledge with an FP-centric language (Scala, F#, Haskell, etc).
- Experience operating in a cloud-based environment like Google Cloud Platform, Amazon Web Services, Microsoft Azure, or similar.
- Interested in agile software processes, data-informed development, reliability, and responsible experimentation.
- Strive to deliver high-quality systems through the best engineering practices when it comes to coding, testing, and documentation.
Where you'll be
- We are a distributed workforce enabling our band members to find a work mode that is best for them!
- Where in the world? This role can be within the EMEA region in which we have a work location.
- Prefer an office to work from home instead? Not a problem! We have plenty of options for your working preferences. Find more information about our Work From Anywhere options here.
- Working hours? We operate within the CET time zone for collaboration.
Our global benefits
Extensive learning opportunities, through our dedicated team, GreenHouse.
Flexible share incentives letting you choose how you share in our success.
Global parental leave, six months off - fully paid - for all new parents.
All The Feels, our employee assistance program and self-care hub.
Flexible public holidays, swap days off according to your values and beliefs.
Spotify On Tour, join your colleagues on trips to industry festivals and events.
Learn about life at Spotify