Data Content Creator in Madrid
We are looking for a data content creator & community builder. 20-30K. Remote or Madrid.
What do we do at Graphext?
We are a team of 18 people. We develop software for people who studied business, economics, biology, psycology, engineering, journalism... to enable them to do advanced data analytics without knowing how to write code. For those creative people that find Excel and current business intelligence tools (like Tableau or Power BI) too limited.
We allow them to run analyses that are more "predictive" and "prescriptive" than descriptive, with the same power of analysis as if they had studied Maths or Computer Science and knew how to write code in Python or R... for more than 50 different use cases that we have identified so far... from developing new drugs, to understand why some crimes are growing o why the employees of a company are leaving.
Current data science tools demand learning to code in Python or R (which takes years until someone is fluid enough). These tools don't guide you either. Don't help you discover what methods and techniques are appropriate for different kinds of analysis (data cleaning, enrichment, modeling) to solve many business problems. These tools aren't very interactive (you need a quick feedback loop to understand what you are doing), and you can only work with structure data (numerical and categorical data). They miss all the possibilities we now have to analyze texts and images thanks to AI's latest advancements.
What does the product look like?
Go and check in our web to see how the product works.
In our Youtube channel, you will find more detailed videos.
We also post reguarly more examples in our Twitter and Blog.
How is this company doing?
Graphext actually started at the beginning of 2014. The two co-founders, Victoriano and Miguel, spent the first years building another product that inspired them to later, in 2017, raise money from venture capital ( Kfund is our main investor ) to build Graphext. Up to this date, the company has received over 3M euros in funding.
At the same time, we also keep growing our revenue as we sign more and more customers every month.
What is this role all about?
We believe that the best marketing is a great product that is so good, that people need to tell everyone about it when they try it for the first time: word of mouth.
In 3.5 years, we haven’t hired a single person for a marketing role because we wanted to focus on making the product great. We recently launched a freemium version of Graphext so anyone can register and try the product on their own. We are starting to feel comfortable to reach way more people from those that organically met us (around 100 people a day visit organically our website) by word of mouth and reading our content primerarly in Spanish for now. This also made 80% of the people visiting our website come from Spain (where we are originally from). It's time to make the world knows about what we are doing (in English).
We also believe the second-best way of doing marketing is education. Buyers now prefer to self-educate. 3 of 4 business software buyers would rather self-educate than learn about a product from an sales person. Our potential customers are curious and creative minds. They love learning about new things. So that's why we want to bet on high-quality content in multiple forms:
This diagram represents the multiple platforms where we are currently posting content to drive traffic to sign up for Graphext, try the product, and eventually pay for a pro account if they are happy with the solution. 💫
These are some of the principles we want to follow:
- Quality over Quantity. The internet is already full of content. We compete for attention with pages like Towardsdatascience but especially against Youtubers, Netflix, and even WhatsApp memes, if the content is bad, nobody will read it, our brand will be irrelevant.
- Be succinct. Every single word counts. We can totally write long pieces (like this job offer) but every paragraph has to say something relevant. Twitter threads are a good way to encapsulate as much meaning as possible.
- Images and Videos over text. The ratio images vs text should be high (not like this job offer)
- Use the language and style of every platform. The same way you speak differently to your parents than to your friends, Twitter and LinkedIn have different audiences, their language and technicality should change.
This Pricenomics content marketing handbook is gold.
We don't expect you to create all this content alone. You will create content, but a big part of your mission is to encourage our team to participate in creating this content, and you will find external collaborators: users that already use the product, customers, influencers, journalists... and you can also count on the design team to help you elaborating this content.
We really admire the way Notion, Figma, or Webflow are building communities of enthusiastic users around their products. We would like to become the data analytics tool in this new generation of SaaS tools.
What we are expecting from you
📊 Data Science Skills
Genuine Curiosity for data analytics - We expect you to be very motivated about the possibilities data is bringing to the world, even if you have all the other skills we are listing below, if you are not passionate about this, we won't succeed.
Data Science Knowledge - You will need to understand a lot of concepts in this field. If you already have studied or learned on your own about data analytics and can even program in Python or R, that's fantastic otherwise, if you have the motivation, you learn them with us.
🕸 Networking Skills
Knowledge of Existing Data Media - You will be in charge of distributing our content, teach Graphext, reach out to influencers or reporters. If you already know key opinion leaders in this field and publications in this area, that's another extra point.
🗣 Communication Skills
English - As mentioned before one of our main objectives is to reach an international audience, we expect you to have a fluid English, if you speak Spanish even better, but for this role; English is more important.
Creativity to generate ideas for content - Even though we have tons of ideas about what to publish, there are probably many other ideas way better we are missing. It will be also your responsibility to prioritize these ideas.
Writing Skills - Clear writing means clear thinking.
Audiovisual Skills - We want to bet a lot for audiovisual content (YouTube videos, streaming on Twitch, maybe podcasts..) I love these Webflow video tutorials for instance.
Here you have some cool videos our intern Dani, did during this Summer.
Extra points if you...
- You have experience with SEO and SEM.
- You have experience with BI tools like Tableau, Power BI...
- Knowledge about no-code tools as Notion, Webflow, Airtable, Zapier, Integromat...
- You have experience using CRMs like Hubspot.
- You have a bachelor's degree or master or any other educational background that proves you are hard-working, patient, and smart enough! (You can also be all these things without one, but might save some time for us to test it)
- Previous experience in start up environments.
What is it like to work at Graphext?
🎳 About your teammates
You will mainly work with Victoriano, CEO, and co-founder, who is also the person that currently does most of these tasks in Graphext. He is excited to finally hire someone to take this to the next level.
You will also be very close to the business team, lead by Brais and Sergio, and the product data scientists (Mariadel & Marcos).
We are now around 20 people in the team, that you will also meet and interact with, most of them developers.
- Your gross salary will be in a range between $20k y $30K. Depends on your experience and skills.
- You will choose the machine which you would like to work on. Most of us are using Macbook Pro or MacBook Air. You will decide if you prefer Windows rather than MacOs
🕰 Where and when
- This is a remote position. Since the COVID-19 started even though we have an office in central Madrid, the entire team is now working remotely.
- We are really flexible about how you administrate your time.
- Really flexible about your vacations too. Just coordination with the rest of the team is required.
🏺Our core values
- Our culture is based on responsibility. We are still a small company and we don't want to have more managers and individual contributors, so we focus on hiring people we expect we can trust without supervising all the time, with a high intrisinc motivation to keep growing as a professional.
- We like honesty and transparency. We believe most big issues arise as small misunderstandings and lack of communication end up erosionating trust for not having enough information to understand decissions.
- We really do our best to create an environment where people can speak freely, being authentic and empathic at the same time with all your peers.
- We try to to have as few meetings as possibles.
- Even though we are a startup, we play a long game, and we care to avoid bourn out. If you want or need to work many hours one day because you had flow, you were inspired, or there was an emergency, you will work less the following day. You are not gonna be sprinting for weeks.
- We have a global mindset. Even though most of the team members are Spanish we are open to hiring anybody from anywhere. We make sure people are confortable communicating in English. Everything is documented and reporting in English.