Liferay, Inc. is a uniquely profitable B2B enterprise software company with 1,000 fiery-eyed employees all across Europe, the Americas, Middle East, and Asia. As the leading provider of enterprise open source technologies, we have been recognized by Gartner for empowering businesses around the world to solve complex digital challenges. Our flagship product is the Liferay Digital Experience Platform, which companies like HP, Domino’s, and Airbus use to build customized experiences for their customers and employees. But we don’t just make awesome software, we are also fueled by a greater-than-profit vision. By building a vibrant business, making technology useful, and investing in communities, we make it possible for people to reach their full potential to serve others. We give our employees five days paid off to volunteer at charities they’re excited about, and Liferay donates 10% of our profits to charities around the world. Oh, we’re also self-funded which gives us the freedom to work on whatever we think brings the most value to customers and communities in the long run!
About You and this Role
As a Consultant at Liferay, you will work very close to customers, primary point of contact for all technical questions and inquiries, designing and developing solutions being involved in fullcycles projects. Working closely with Account Executives, Account Managers and other members of the Liferay team, you will act as a trusted advisor for the customer on the Liferay solution, competitors, and alternative solutions.
- Provide hands-on assistance to customers on site, from installation and information architecture analysis to performance tuning
- Analyse business and technical needs with customers to deliver high quality integral Liferay solutions
- Participate in full lifecycle Liferay projects with some of the principal national customers.
- Providing input regarding new technologies and techniques, as well as participate in the development of proof of concepts and best practices.
- Providing public and private Liferay trainings
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent work experience required
- 2 years experience developing Java EE or front-end technologies (Node.js, Angular, React, Vue..)
- Experience working within an agile software development lifecycle with testing, continuous integration and deployment (Git, Maven, Jira, Gradle, Jenkins, etc.)
- Fully comfortable working in customer-facing situations
- Fully comfortable working in English and Spanish, both written and spoken.
- Portuguese or Italian are a plus
- Willingness to travel nationally, occasionally to Portugal or Italy
- Passionate about continuous improvement and problem-solving
- Excellent prioritization, organization, and time management skills
- Excellent communication skills, team dynamics
- Customer orientation
- Learning capability
What We Offer
- Salary package w/ competitive benefits according to qualifications and experience
- Opportunities to take responsibility and grow professionally
- A positive and collaborative work culture
- Working at a leading open source company
Equal Opportunities Employer - Statement
Liferay is committed to the equal treatment of all candidates, customers and employees and to fostering a culture of dignity at work. Our operating procedure provides for equal opportunities in recruitment and employment with the aim to eliminate discrimination against any job applicant or employee on the basis of race, age, sexual orientation, gender, religion or beliefs, marital or civil partnerships status, family or dependency status, disability, pregnancy and maternity or membership of a traveling community.