Do you want to help save the world from Google Translate? Tired of seeing texts like “All your base are belong to us”? Do you have passion for technology and development? Then join the LanguageWire team as a Senior Automation QA Engineer and help us to make a difference. Yes? You should definitely read on!
The role you’ll play
You will be automating tests for our core platform, which serves thousands of users daily. You will be creating test plans and writing automated scenarios that simulate user interaction with the product, thus identifying potential issues and problems which could affect our users. You will also be responsible for finding and reporting usability problems, bugs, and glitches. Alongside the team, you will participate in the full release process, which will involve creating the release branches, deployment and testing (both automated and a little manual testing) and coordinating the rollout to the production environments.
Ultimately, you will ensure that our products, applications and systems work smoothly and correctly.
The team you’ll be a part of
As our Automation QA Engineer, you will be part of a cross-functional team that is responsible for developing, building and running the core services of the LanguageWire platform. You will help ensure high quality on new features developed in cloud-native microservices using containers, Kubernetes, .Net Core and Azure. We’re very focused on build and deployment automation, applying a DevOps mindset and Infrastructure as Code paradigm everywhere. Our 8 people strong team is highly international and working from 2 main locations: Ukraine & Spain. We only need a strong Automation QA Engineer for being complete!
If you want to make a difference, make it with us by…
- Analyzing the current functionality of our solution, in order to develop new automated tests
- Writing automated tests for our Frontend application, which will simulate user behavior
- Helping increase code coverage and stability
- Helping with the release of new features, by updating testing plans, coordinating the service release process and troubleshooting issues which occur
- Participating in a team-wide prod rotation, where you’ll need to troubleshoot real-live production issues
- Participating in the CI/CD process alongside the team
- Occasionally performing manual tests, when automated tests do not exist for a business - critical feature, which must be analyzed/tested
- Ensure our current and new features are covered by automatic testing and monitoring that provides a stable platform for our customers
- Coordinate and knowledge share with other Automation QAs in other teams
In one year, you’ll know you were successful if…
- You have helped test and deploy new features for our core platform
- You have improved the quality and stability of the overall core platform
- You have improved the coverage of our automatic monitoring of the core platform
- You have been fully integrated within the team and company culture and purpose
Desired experience and competencies
What does it take to work for LanguageWire?
What you’ll need to bring
- 4+ years experience in software testing and automation testing.
- Good skills in C# and OOP;
- Good knowledge in C#, Visual Studio, SQL, SQL Server;
- Experience with NUnit, MS Test, Selenium and SpecFlow;
- Experience in automation of back-end testing, understanding of HTTP protocol;
- Understanding SDLC, testing methodologies, role of QA in project cycle;
- Great attention to detail and result driven approach;
- Good team player, self-motivated, self-disciplined and result-oriented person
This will make you stand out
- Understanding and application of CI/CD processes;
- Understanding of Agile/Scrum/Kanban;
- Experience in using source control systems (Git preferable);
- Experience with Microsoft Azure DevOps;
- Experience with Postman, SwaggerUI;
Most important things to know about us:
- We eliminate language barriers, so people understand each other. Everywhere.
- We are a tech company
- We are an AI company
- We are stable, and we are growing
More detail about us:
At LanguageWire, we are leaders in the world of Language Service Providers, but we are cooler than our competitors. Want to know why? Read on. We are fueled by the most advanced technology (AI) and our goal is to make customer's lives easier by simplifying their communication with any audience across the globe.
We are proud of our unique AI technology and our exquisite customer care. We are even prouder of our people. From our language experts, tech nerds, and customer success drivers to the core of heroes in the background. They all have a stake in supporting the delivery of translations, editing, desktop publishing, and other crazy cool multilingual communication services.
We listen and we care. We adapt our solutions to customer needs and integrate them with customer-specific tech stacks, streamlines and automated workflows. All of this while ensuring all data is protected thoroughly in a secure, meteorite-proof infrastructure. Basically, we've got the whole package!
LanguageWire is a community where communication is open, informal and friendly. The fact that we respect each other personally and professionally promotes collaboration and a positive social environment. We celebrate success and giving and receiving feedback and recognition is a natural part of our corporate culture.
Technology is a big part of what keeps LanguageWire ahead of the competition, but we never forget it’s a business built and powered by people. We ensure that our entire team is happy with what they do and everyone has the tools they need to achieve. Because at the end of the day, that’s why our customers love to work with us—they enjoy working with a team of enthusiastic people!
Working at LanguageWire — why we like it:
“Being surrounded by so many talented colleagues is one of the best things about working at LanguageWire. The working atmosphere is great, and being part of such a multicultural team represents an enriching and incredible opportunity for the development of my career”
(Anna, Operations Solutions Project Manager, Valencia)
“Why I love my job at LanguageWire? Three things: Team Spirit, Goals and Caring Leadership. It begins and ends with the team. I am motivated because I work with a great team of people who know how to work together, know each other, and thrive when working collaboratively to achieve our goals. We care about each other. As a leader, you need to embrace the whole team to make the team great and achieve set goals. LanguageWire takes pride in caring about it all.”
(Marianne, Customer Success Director, Aarhus)
What are the perks?
We don't stand still. We don’t look back; we drive forward!
Are you the next Wire in our community? Consider a career with LanguageWire, and let’s realize your potential together. These are some of the perks of becoming a Wire...
- Scale-up by facts — start-up by heart
- Enjoy flat hierarchies, direct feedback, and room to stand up for your own ideas
- We are a fast-growing tech company that enables you to develop, be part of the decision-making processes, and suggest new and fresh ways to come up with solutions
- International company. Offices in Copenhagen, Aarhus, Stockholm, Varberg, London, Leuven, Lille, Munich, Hamburg, Zurich, Kiev, Gdansk, Atlanta and Valencia
- 360 employees with great gender and cultural diversity
- A lot of responsibility and freedom
- We are committed to bringing in top talent from all sectors and countries
- We take care of our people with great benefits, professional development opportunities, and get-together initiatives like online fitness classes, yoga, Christmas parties, etc. We have fun!
- More than 100 great colleagues in different business departments.
- Excellent location (20 min walk to the city center) in cool and modern offices
- Working in an international environment—more than 20 different nationalities
- Freshly ground coffee from the coffee machine and free fruit
Want to know more?
We can’t wait to meet you! So, why wait 'til tomorrow? Apply today!