Android Developer in Barcelona or Remote
Shuggr (سكر) is a social network for the gay and transgender community. We are a young start-up with high growth potential, connecting thousands of users every day.
As Android Developer you will maintain and further develop our existing Android mobile app. With your expertise and understanding of intuitive design you will ensure the best user experience for our app.
⭐️ Your role
- Maintain and further development our Android mobile app
- Collaborate in a cross-functional team to define, design, and ship new features
- Work with external data sources, APIs, unit-test code for robustness, including edge cases, usability, and general reliability
- Fixing bugs and improving application responsiveness, quality and performance
- Embrace new technologies and methodologies to improve development efficiency
⭐️ Your profile
- Proficient with Java (that's our current code base)
- Understanding of Android UI principles and interface guidelines
- Familiar working with RESTful APIs, third party libraries and API, cloud message APIs and push notifications
- Knowledgeable with performance tuning, threading and on-device storage
- Understand code versioning tool Git
- Experienced in continuous integration
- Passion for building a product that connects, encourages and inspires people
- Interest in empowering the gay and transgender community
- Commit to at least 20 hours per week
You don't need to be a specialist in all of these things, but you should be able to have informed conversations and know how to research what you don't know.
⭐️ Your benefits
- We are a start-up in the works and offer equity, that means you will get shares of the company
- We are a globally distributed team, you can work remotely from anywhere
If you know anyone who could be interested in this role, please forward this job ad. If you think you can contribute to our success in another way, feel free to write us.
We're committed to an inclusive and diverse work environment. We welcome applicants of any gender, ethnicity, sexual orientation, religion, civil or family status, age, disability, race and mental profile.