Site Reliability Engineer en Barcelona
Descripción de la oferta
Shiji Group is a major software supplier in the hospitality and retail industries. Developing worldwide leading products and technologies, aimed at the international market and speeding up its globalization progress. Our team of more than 5,000 talented employees, in 70+ subsidiaries worldwide, is constantly adapting to facilitate the transition to fully integrated systems for our clients through a network of secure, scalable, and ready for the future platforms, so clients can focus on their core competencies of serving their customer and guests.
What you’ll do
To support the ReviewPro team, you will be part of the infrastructure and platform team responsible for the design, development, and operations of all services and systems that form the ReviewPro platform.
Your duties include developing, improving, maintaining back-end services, contributing to the platform's architectural design, and ensuring that the services are secure, scalable, and reliable. If you are interested, you will also have the possibility of working on client-facing features more closely related to ReviewPro's products.
As a Senior Engineer, you will own your tasks and decide how to tackle them, working autonomously while getting the necessary feedback and support from the team. Your proactive attitude will identify opportunities for improvement that help take our technology to the next level.
What we are looking for
- You have a solid software development background; you are familiar with modern and scalable software development practices.
- You have a scientific mindset and know that gathering data and metrics is the way to make sensible decisions.
- You care about best practices and software maintainability is a top priority for you. Automated testing is your way to ensure quality.
- You understand the differences between HTTP calls and event streams and know when and why to use each.
- You have worked on the full lifecycle of a piece of software, from development and testing to CI and deployment.
- You have an intrinsic bias towards simplicity and automation, and a constant willingness to automate processes to reduce time spent on operations.
- You know how to build and run containers, and they are your favourite way of packaging and building applications.
- You feel comfortable working with both relational and non-relational database management systems.
- You are curious about how things work like to explore modern technologies and don’t shy away from old ones when required.
- You know what a pull request is and are comfortable reviewing other people’s code and getting yours reviewed.
What we oﬀer
- Competitive salary
- Flexible work schedule
- Free coffee and tea.
- Subsidized gym membership
- Brand new office located in the centre of Barcelona overlooking Passeig de Gràcia
- Free beer on the terrace
- International team and fantastic work environment
- Team building activities and charity donation programs
- Wellness sessions
- Discounts on Private health insurance, ticket restaurant, transport, kinder garden, etc.
- Knowledge exchange: we attend conferences and community events as well as provide learning resources
- Nice equipment: Mac laptops, high-quality monitors (1 or 2, the choice is yours)
- Desks with adjustable height (standing desks)
- Compressed hours on Fridays during the summer
Acerca de Shiji Group