Descripción de la oferta
We’re a Barcelona-based startup and the fastest-growing delivery player in Europe, Africa, and Western Asia. With food at the core of the business, Glovo delivers any product within your city at any time of day.
At Glovo, you’ll have the job of your life while working together towards our shared vision to give everyone easy access to anything in their city. We welcome top performers that will bring new ideas, diverse perspectives, and provide you with the opportunities and freedom to grow and make a real impact on millions of lives… all while having fun!
We believe that diversity adds incredible value to our teams, our products, and our culture. We know that the best ideas and solutions come by bringing together people from all over the world and by fostering a culture of inclusion where everyone feels included and has the chance to make a real impact. It's because of this that we are committed to providing equal opportunities to talent from all backgrounds.
In your application, please feel free to note which pronouns you use (For example: she/her/hers, he/him/his, they/them/theirs, etc).
YOUR WORK-LIFE OPPORTUNITY
The Courier Engagement team is responsible for ensuring that any glover stays engaged with the platform by building an outstanding experience.
This team entails a wide scope of problems to solve across Web, Mobile and Backend including incentives, communication, safety… all with the aim of improving retention.
We work in a small, focused and autonomous product team, make data driven decisions, and ship the code to production instantly through our continuous delivery pipeline. As a team we have full ownership over our systems - including infrastructure decisions, operability, ensuring quality through automated tests.
Come be a part of our team!
BE A PART OF A TEAM WHERE YOU WILL
- Work on the admin platform within the company to support agents working in different continents where Glovo operates in
- Create a plan for moving the different services we own out of the monolith into different microservices
- Work in a cross-functional team working closely with mobile engineers
- Develop software using modern engineering approaches and agile principles
- Make our technology and our team scale as the business grows
- Own your deliverables from start to finish
- Deliver high-quality solutions
- Participate in the team’s life and contribute to decision-making
- Take part in product-experimentation
- Mentor and empower other developers around you
- Computer Science or similar degree
- 5+ years of relevant full-time experience
- Extensive knowledge of object-oriented programming and software architecture
- Ability to write good unit tests is a must
- Knowledge of relational databases and other approaches to data management
- Knowledge of concurrency and Event Driven Development
- Ability to write good unit tests is a must
- Analytical and problem-solving skills
- Vivid interest in at least one area outside of coding (architecture, algorithms, optimization, automation, scalability, etc.)
- Great communication skills (good level of written and verbal use of English)
We are always looking for the best candidates, so if you think you would be a good fit even if you don't meet 100% of the requirements we would love to hear from you!
- Experience with Spring framework
- Experience with AWS
- Experience with micro-services or service-oriented architectures in general
- Experience with containers
- Experience with Vue.js or other modern frontend technologies
- Participation in open source projects
EXPERIENCE OUR GLOVO LIFE BENEFITS
- Enticing equity plan
- Top-notch private health insurance
- Monthly Glovo credit to spend on our restaurant products and zero delivery fee on all Glovo orders!
- Cobee discounts on kindergarten, transportation, and food
- Discounted gym memberships
- Flexible time off (take the time you need) and hybrid working model (own your time)
- Enhanced parental leave including nursery support!
- Online therapy and wellbeing benefit
- External learning budget
WHAT YOU’LL FIND WHEN WORKING AT GLOVO:
- Gas: Driven to deliver quality results quickly
- Good Vibes: Bring positivity and communicate openly
- Stay Humble: Self-aware and open to learning
- Care: Uplift people and the planet
- Glownership: Act as proud owners
- High Bar: Focus on Top Performance
If you believe you match these values, we look forward to meeting you!
At Glovo we believe that diversity adds incredible value to our teams, our products, and our culture. We know that the best ideas and solutions come by bringing together people from all over the world and by fostering a culture of inclusion where everyone feels heard and has the chance to make a real impact. It's because of this that we are committed to providing equal opportunities to talent from all backgrounds.