Descripción de la oferta
BMAT started in 2005 when a group of engineers with a passion for music decided to spin-off from an audio research lab in Barcelona. The company started with an idea – to index all the music in the world – and a mission – to better the music eco-system – and a team of nerds eager to learn how to build a successful business. Today the company has grown to more than a hundred people - spread across Barcelona, Buenos Aires, Lima, São Paulo, London, Paris, Oslo, Tel-Aviv, Johannesburg, Singapore, Tokyo and Seoul - that team up to deliver daily 1 million identifications and 3 billion matches to our partners from all over the music industry.
We love music. It makes our lives a zillion times better. And we want to give something back to her (yes, to us music is a lady). Make her life easier and her future brighter. We apply our scientific, data-infused brains to tell everyone what music has been played – so that creators get the recognition they deserve. We hear everything everywhere and tell everyone who wants to know. ‘What plays around will come back around’ we say. We believe by helping this happen we can make a positive change in the music ecosystem and enjoy talent for another million years.
We are a team of pretty decent people who enjoy working with each other. We’re open-minded and well-traveled, coming from all parts of the world. We like coffee, tea, chai, and mate all the same. We’ve got rappers, producers, cello players, DJs, and songwriters. The passion for music, the excitement for technology and Barcelona as a backdrop has proven to make a good combination. We say there is a BMAT touch. We believe it has to do with being passionate, obsessive, nice, generous, honest, self-motivated, entrepreneurial, intrepid, crazy, extraordinary, creative, agile, human, friendly, smart, witty, talented, naive, optimistic, surprising, sensual, and nerdy, but not very hipster (unfortunately).
What You Will Be Doing
As part of the engineering team of the Digital business unit, your responsibilities will be to build, improve and scale the products that power one of the most complete music data processing systems in the world. We use agile values to improve our day to day performance. We are connected to more than 45 digital service providers such as Spotify, YouTube, Apple Music, Deezer or Amazon. They provide us with digital sales reports (DSRs), which we parse, reconcile, match and translate into royalty statements, among others, in order to provide insight to our partners, the collective management organisations and publishers of the world.
In addition, we also provide on-demand audio identification services that enable our partners to be in control of user-generated content (e.g. YouTube, Facebook, SoundCloud) and increase revenues and traceability from videos containing their music.
Our digital distribution system has already processed 162.000 DSRs with 87 billion transactions from over 250 countries, and currently ingests 650 million online music transactions per month
in a horizontally scalable architecture powered by Amazon Web Services. Our main development technology is Python along with some of its frameworks, such as Django and Flask. We also use Docker to speed up our developments and deployments.
Moreover at BMAT we want to have the most complete music metadata database in the world. As part of our team you will help dealing with tons of music metadata, to help us reach our goal faster, adding value to the team and creating cool stuff.
All About You
- +5 years of experience as a Software or Data Engineer
- Proficient in Python.
- Code with test coverage.
- Experience developing ETLs integrating data from different sources.
- Experience with entity reconciliation, data matching.
- Love digging into (music) data: understand it, find patterns, clean it, find value.
- Experience working with document-oriented databases (MongoDB, Elasticsearch).
- Linux and Git experience.
- Experience with software design life cycle and good practices (Code Reviews, Refactoring).
- Forecast software and infrastructure scalability issues and capacity to prevent them.
- Good documentation and communication skills.
- Proactive team player with high-quality awareness and independent working attitude.
- You value a DevOps culture.
- Experience with Docker.
- Experience with AWS.
- Experience with Kafka/event-driven architectures.
- Experience with distributed systems.
- Experience scaling platforms.
- Experience with HTTP APIs and frontend apps.
You Can Enjoy
- Full-time job.
- Flexible working location and remote working.
- Flexibility on working hours.
- Flat hierarchy.
- Free English and Spanish classes.
- Wide range of online and onsite courses.
- Possibility to choose your hardware and tools.
- Becoming part of a diverse and multicultural team based in Barcelona obsessed with bettering the music industry
Diverse perspectives drive innovation, and innovation is kind of our thing. Our open-minded and flexible culture organically fosters this diversity. We've learnt that we thrive on learning from each other, so we don't just welcome but actively hire a range of open-minded people from all walks of life. Our team is made up of people with different backgrounds, perspectives, orientations, abilities, musical tastes, dress sense and time-zones - but we all have one common goal: Making the music world a better place. With equal opportunities for everyone, BMAT is a pretty nice place to work.
Acerca de BMAT
50 - 200
We're a team of pretty decent people who enjoy working with each other. We’re open-minded and well-travelled, coming from all parts of the world. We like coffee, tea, chai and mate all the same. We’ve got rappers, producers, cello players, DJs, and songwriters. The passion for music, the excitement for technology and Barcelona as a backdrop has proven to make a good combination.