Senior Back-end Developer en Barcelona o en remoto
Descripción de la oferta
Hi there! We are SeQura, an innovative, fast-growing fintech company based in sunny Barcelona. Born in 2013, we are the preferred BNPL payment platform in Southern Europe for over 1 million shoppers, we help people buy things they love, paying in an instant, fair and flexible way.
Humanizing financial services is our main mantra, and that’s why our actions and work are based on transparency, ambition, respect and collaboration. We are a big community formed by not only us but more than 4.000 Merchants who offer our payment methods to more than 1 million Shoppers, the ones who have led us to the highest NPS in our industry in Spain.
Do you want to improve the world, collaborate with people’s wellness and be part of this challenging journey? Keep reading!
We have an exciting new opening for a Senior Backend Engineer who is able to see the big picture and balance the seek for software quality with a pragmatic approach to help us scale the company. If you're a proactive, creative, and hands-on person who wants to help improve Sequra's product having ownership and exposure to work hand in hand with seasoned professionals in a collaborative environment, this is the perfect place for you.
We have different projects to carry out our amazing product’s development, you’ll have the possibility to join us to help us grow by contributing to technical and architectural decisions and even creating new teams.
We have amazing growth opportunities and a solid customized career plan for you. We also offer relocation and remote work while also having the possibility to come to our AMAZING offices and be given the best equipment to work with.
What we offer… 🙂
- Competitive salary
- Relocation to Barcelona with Work Visa (Paperwork and Immigration services are on us) 💥
- Real flexible working hours
- Remote work + Office commodities.
- All the equipment you need to work comfortably. Our standard office set-up consists of a stand-up desk, comfy chair, MacBook Pro, and a 27" external display.
- Beautiful 3 floor office building based on a bike-friendly location in the center of Barcelona with a big terrace and plenty of nice places nearby
- Personal budget for conferences, courses, books, and professional development
- 10% of the time to work on any project you're interested in
- We take part in and offer workshops, conferences, meet-up groups, and tech talks to encourage participation and growth in both community involvement and career development.
Perks & Benefits
Free fruit 🍊, coffee ☕ and drinks 🍻 at our amazing cafeteria.
Monthly after works and annual events (Summer🌞, Christmas🎄, and many more!🎉).
Flexible compensation plan in transportation, restaurants, kindergarten…💰
We want to take care of your professional development, for example, with English and Spanish classes.📖
23 vacation days + 2 days of free disposal per year.✈️
Health insurance discounts.🤒🩺
Plus, we guarantee
- A high degree of autonomy.
- Transparency and open culture.
- A tangible impact on the product and also on the company culture.
- We are always open to exploring new technologies and tools.
You’ll be a good fit if you have… 🙂
- 5+ years of experience working as a Backend Engineer
- Experience in the development, deployment, and maintenance of web-based technology applications with Ruby on Rails or the ability and interest in working with it.
- Solid knowledge of OOP, clean coding, TDD, and agile. Functional programming and DDD are a plus.
- English proficiency
You’re going to be a match if you are... 🤗
- Relentless in the pursuit of writing simple, clean, and efficient code.
- Proactive, accountable, analytical, and pragmatic.
- Someone with high attention to detail/product ownership
- A team player.
- A good communicator.
- Motivativated to learn and grow.
- Passionate for driving change and efficiency with partners of different disciplines.
Which are the next steps?
Interview with People Team
Technical take-home assessment
Live Peer review of the assessment
Meet the team & CTO
Why choose SeQura?
Right now we are going through an amazing moment, we are opening new markets such as Southern Europe and LATAM, and that’s why we are looking for ambitious and passionate people who want to join our healthy culture, made up of a high-performance team of about 200 employees.
In SeQura we promote an equal opportunity to all, regardless of age, color, gender identity, medical condition, physical or mental disability, race, religion, sexual orientation, or any other characteristic. We love to have an inclusive environment, and respect is above all.
Take a look at our lovely community and our magnificent office! 👇👇👇👇👇
Acerca de SeQura
What we do is give shoppers tools with which they buy freely, without long processes, in more fair and transparent conditions, and without small print. The future of payment in ecommerce is in what is fair and transparent, in what is common sense.