Descripción de la oferta
Affirm is reinventing credit to make it more honest and friendly, giving consumers the flexibility to buy now and pay later without any hidden fees or compounding interest. Affirm, Inc. proudly includes Affirm, PayBright, and Returnly.
What you'll do
- Shape the vision and roadmap for data products/capabilities with the Data & Analytics and Product leadership and key business partners
- Build and maintain the data science platform product backlog, prioritizing it based on larger product roadmap, business value for ML models, research questions, data analyses, visualizations, data infrastructure and engineering tasks
- Partner with key stakeholders in Product, Design, Engineering, Data Science and Analytics teams to understand broader product initiatives, technical requirements and timelines, translating them into specific action items and requirements for the Data Science team
- Foster a test & learn environment, experimenting with Minimum Viable Products (MVP) and delivering value early and often
- Build a strategy to collect, enrich and consume shopper behaviour, merchant and business data
- Ensure high standards in methods, speed of execution and rapid resolution of delivery issues
- Evangelize data-as-a-product across Returnly, helping Engineering and Product teams commit to accurate data collection and curation
- Build reusable platform components to be leveraged by other internal and external facing products
- Create new and evolve existing data science capabilities across our Product portfolio
- Document business and technical data capabilities and collaborate with feature teams to ensure correct and successful implementation
- Work with product management, design, and engineering to validate the viability, desirability, and feasibility of new data science platform initiatives
What we look for
- Background in Data Science, Analytics or Data Engineering, hands-on experience training & deploying ML models, creating data processing pipelines or delivering interactive dashboards
- Proven track record of product management, having led roadmaps and owned product backlogs
- Excellent communication, interpersonal and negotiation skills with ability to explain technical topics to a non-technical audience and business topics to a technical audience
- Thriving in ambiguity, ability to navigate well in cross-functional teams
- Experience with agile methodologies, e.g. Kanban
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills, numerical thinking, attention to detail
- Self-motivated, working independently, intrinsic learner
- BS in a quantitative discipline like Computer Science (with a focus on Machine Learning, Artificial Intelligence) or related disciplines
Affirm is proud to be a remote-first company! The majority of our roles are remote and can be located anywhere in the U.S. and Canada (with the exception of the U.S. Territories, Quebec, Yukon, Nunavut, and the Northwest Territories) unless the job indicates a different global location. We are currently building operations in Spain, Poland, and Australia. Employees in remote roles have the option of working remotely or from an Affirm office in their country of hire, and may occasionally travel to an Affirm office or elsewhere for required meetings or team-building events. Our offices in Chicago, New York, Pittsburgh, Salt Lake City, San Francisco and Toronto will remain operational and accessible for anyone to use on a voluntary basis, subject to local COVID-19 guidelines.
All full-time jobs at Affirm (excluding interns and apprentices) are tied to a transparent grade-based pay range taking location into account.
At Affirm, People Come First is one of our core values, and that’s why diversity and inclusion are vital to our priorities as an equal opportunity employer. You can read about our D&I program here and our progress thus far in our 2021 DEI Report.
We also believe It’s On Us to provide an inclusive interview experience for all, including people with disabilities. We are happy to provide reasonable accommodations to candidates in need of individualized support during the hiring process.
Acerca de Affirm
San Francisco, CA, USA
1,000 - 5,000
At Affirm, we’re using today’s technology to bring significant disruptive innovation to the financial industry. We focus on improving the lives of consumers by delivering simple, honest and transparent financial products.