Descripción de la oferta
We are a tech company that had reinvented the insurance industry combining data, design, and technology. CoverWallet is expanding across the USA, Europe, and Australia. We have built an incredible team of 400 people (between New York, Madrid, Sevilla, Valencia and Singapore). We are growing our software development team in Spain and Singapore to scale globally within Aon, as the market leader.
About the role
We are currently seeking a Data Engineer, who will work with business stakeholders and our Engineering team (mostly with Data Scientists, Data Analysts, Backend Engineers and SRE’s) to develop and have a real impact on the overall design of the data architecture to allow the growth of CoverWallet, thanks to exceptional skills designing, developing, testing, maintaining and optimizing our data management systems.
This will be a critical position, and the person who leads this effort will be fundamental in the success of CoverWallet’s growth strategy.
What will you do?
- Work in a multi-cloud environment with GCP/AWS with cutting-edge technologies like Apache Airflow, Redshift, Kubernetes, MongoDB, AWS Lambda among others and using Python as your main programming language (but we are open to others).
- Develop, maintain and optimize high-quality, reliable and robust data pipelines on Kubernetes and Airflow that convert data into valuable information.
- Design and deploy high-load microservices with strong quality requirements and high business value for the development of Machine Learning models and data tools.
- Keep constantly improving your technical knowledge and expertise by implementing solutions based on open-source projects (e.g. DBT).
Who we are looking for?
- Bachelor’s Degree and/or 3+ years working in data or software engineering environments.
- Solid background in DWH solutions as Amazon Redshift.
- Expertise in SQL/noSQL databases (PostgreSQL, MongoDB, Redis, etc.).
- Coding proficiency in Python is a must. Additional at least one programming language (Scala, Go or Ruby) is highly desirable.
- Experience working with bash scripting, Docker, Kubernetes and Linux environments on a daily basis.
- Experience with AWS/GCP stack or another cloud computing platform it is highly valuable.
- Strong written and verbal communication, presentation, and technical writing skills.
- Team player, technology passionate and self-motivated individual.
- Strong communication skills in English.
What we offer
- The possibility to disrupt one of the biggest industries, and in one of most developed digital markets in the world.
- Great offices in New York, Madrid, Sevilla, Valencia and Singapore.
- Competitive and flexible compensation (tickets restaurant, transport card, daycare checks and external training).
- Annual variable bonus.
- Company-paid Life and Accident Insurance, and Medical insurance as benefits.
- Additional budget for individual education and online training courses (1.500€ per year).
- Top vacation days per year.
- Flexible working hours.
- Team building activities: hackathon, meetups and tech talks in the office, code katas.
- A fun, multicultural and fast-paced environment.
- Drinks, coffee, and fruits.
Acerca de CoverWallet
New York, NY, USA
Powered by deep analytics, thoughtful design, and state-of-the-art technology, CoverWallet is reinventing commercial insurance for small and medium-sized businesses.