Softonic publishes Softonic.com, the leading global software and app discovery destination, offering the most complete selection of software and apps across hundreds of categories. The European company with one of the largest online audiences, and currently holds 40th position worldwide with more than 100 million unique monthly users who generate more than 4 million daily downloads on Softonic.com.
About the position
The VP of Product is responsible for leading the team to improve the product and monetization portfolio in the Softonic core business and ensure the right alignment with different areas of the organization to enable business opportunities to succeed.
We are looking for a business-oriented Product leader who can grow Softonic business from a holistic perspective, with an entrepreneurial hands-on approach to problem-solving.
The role reports to the CEO of the Company..
- Inspire, lead, and manage the Product team in our Core business, and ensure we have the right setup to succeed in our innovation projects.
- Evolve Softonic monetization strategies and implement new disruptive ones.
- Influence and establish a shared vision with the directors Traffic, Advertisement, Sales, and Engineering to build high-level consensus on priorities leading to product execution.
- Ensure high throughput and efficiency in Product operations (stakeholder alignment, planning, and delivery) by establishing clear and measurable goals.
- Ensure upcoming Product needs and innovations aligned with our Technology capabilities and closely work with the Director of Engineering and Head of Technology to make it happen.
- Be part of the Leadership team to evaluate and implement new business opportunities.
- Champion a hands-on approach to innovation by using a combination of Data, listening to the market, and “getting out of the building” to get the first-hand customer/user/partner insights.
- Drive a “fail fast to learn fast” lean testing culture in all projects and innovations.
Minimum Experience and qualifications
- At least 5+ years of experience in online products in fast-paced environments, managing Product teams, and working collaboratively with Engineering teams
- Excellent interpersonal, management, and communications skills.
- Proven experience managing and mentoring product teams, and being a manager of Product Managers.
- Advertising experience is ideal.
- Demonstrated experience in working and succeeding (and failing many times) in business ventures.
- Good knowledge of Agile Methodologies (i.e. SCRUM) with relevant experience in all phases of a Product Life Cycle, from planning to development, and market launch.
- Demonstrated knowledge of budgeting, financial planning, and business operations.
- Technical background in Computer Science or equivalent.
- High level of English and Spanish.