UX Copywriter (EN) in Madrid
Launched in 1998, this pioneering British-born brand has specialised in creating amazing experiences and unforgettable memories - from hotels, city breaks and holidays to theatre, entertainment and spa days. Experts in brightening up online travel, lastminute.com is among the worldwide leaders in the field, helping hundreds of thousands of customers every year find, and do, "whatever makes them pink".
lastminute.com is part of lm group, publicly traded multinational Group, among the worldwide leaders in the online travel industry. Every month, the Group reaches across all its websites and mobile apps (in 17 languages and 40 countries) 60 million unique users that search for and book their travel and leisure experiences. More than 1,200 people enjoy working with us and contribute to provide our audience with a comprehensive and inspiring offering of travel related products and services.
We’re looking for an English UX Copywriter who is passionate about User Experience and technology, and has an analytical mind. Does this sound like you?
In this role you’ll work alongside an international team of Copywriters and Creatives. Using Agile methodologies you’ll collaborate with Product Owners and Developers to create new digital products, offered across different platforms - both website and app. You’ll be involved in A/B testing activities, while enjoying the support of a large and experienced UX team that includes Designers and Researchers. You will collaborate also with other stakeholders like Marketing, Brand and Legal teams to deliver at scale.
We’ll need you to be a native English speaker, capable of producing flawless and engaging copy, and have a thorough understanding of British culture.
You will join us in our mission to optimise the traveller’s experience, ensuring it is as effortless and engaging as possible.
- Write clear and concise copy that drives conversion, increases click-through rates and helps to meet the company’s KPIs.
- Localise and adapt copy provided by the copy team, and, in turn, provide them with sufficient context to adapt and localise your ideas for their audiences.
- Create and manage multiple copy experiments, including A/B tests, and use data to measure the impact of your work.
- Collaborate with other copywriters to ensure messaging, brand guidelines and TOV are aligned across all touchpoints.
- Work alongside Product Managers, Designers, Researchers, Developers and many others to develop and execute business strategy through your writing.
- Proofread and/or edit copy provided by other departments.
Abilities and Qualities
- Languages required: English (native), any other language is welcome.
- Experience in online copywriting with an emphasis on digital, e-commerce and UX copywriting, advertising and/or branding.
- Familiarity with data metrics and A/B testing, with an understanding of experimentation and deriving data and insights from quantitative and qualitative research.
- Solid written and verbal communication and collaboration skills.
- Ability to manage multiple projects at one time and prioritise to meet firm deadlines.
- Self-starter who is customer-obsessed, detail-oriented and an enthusiastic team player.
- Great management of feedback, responding with creative thinking and iterations.
- Proofreading at a high level with little to no errors.
- Self-motivated, tenacious, and able to use initiative to solve problems