We are putting together a new team for a project that aims to speed up the development of exciting features for the students and teachers using Labster. We are looking for a Test Automation Engineer to help us deliver an error-free experience.
This is your chance to join an early stage project within a successful startup and shape the project's future. We’re using a microservice architecture with a modern Node.js (TypeScript, Nest.js) / Vue.js / MongoDB stack.
This position can be done from our office in Valencia (hybrid model) or fully remote.
What you'll be doing
- Check and ensure the overall quality of the software delivered by the team
- Write automated tests for our single-page application website and APIs
- Setup test automation as part of our monitoring and CI/CD pipeline
- Collaborate with other developers to improve the quality of our solutions, review other developers’ code and contribute to the active developer community at Labster
If you've got these skills, we'd love to hear from you
- 4+ years of experience in test automation
- Node.js proficiency, experience with test frameworks like Chai, Mocha, Jest, Cypress.
- Knowledge of technologies we use or similar ones is a plus: TypeScript, Nest.js, Quasar, Vue.js, MongoDB, Drone.io, Kubernetes
- Experience with LTI, Google Classroom, or other learning management protocols is a big plus
- Experience writing or testing APIs in a micro service architecture is nice to have
- Experience working in an Agile environment
- Lifelong learner, keen to learn new technologies and skills
- Fully proficient in English
- Previous experience mentoring and coaching more junior colleagues will be highly valued
We are Labster. Creators of virtual science lab software that makes learning engaging, effective and accessible, to as many students as possible. We exist to empower the next generation of scientists to change the world. It’s our mission to support 100 million science learners globally by 2025.
In the same way our technology empowers students, we thrive on an autonomous and innovative culture based on Holacracy, and ensuring that your work fits into your lifestyle.
We encourage individual expression, boldly challenge how it’s always been done, and foster learning, creativity and growth. How you work is in your control, balanced by the comfort of access to like-minded, inspiring people, when you need it.
What’s in it for you?
- Be a part of making science accessible and engaging to the world’s future scientists
- Embrace the autonomy of Holacracy, and work that fits into your lifestyle
- Fair and attractive salaries
- Work with flexibility
- Unlimited paid vacation (which we encourage you to actually take!)
- Learning budget and freedom to decide what to learn
- Company- wide equity program
- Opportunities to travel and meet your colleagues from around the world! (Covid permitting)
Our commitment to all of you
Labster, Inc. is proud to be an equal opportunity employer and complies with all applicable federal, state, and local fair employment practices laws. Labster strictly prohibits and does not tolerate discrimination against employees, applicants, or any other covered persons because of race, color, sex (including pregnancy), age, national origin or ancestry, ethnicity, religion, creed, sexual orientation, gender identity, status as a veteran, and basis of disability or any other federal, state or local protected class. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including, but not limited to, hiring, training, promotion, discipline, compensation, benefits, and termination of employment. Labster complies with the Americans with Disabilities Act (ADA), as amended by the ADA Amendments Act, and all applicable state or local law.