Devo, the cloud-native logging and security analytics company, empowers security and operations teams to maximize the value of all their data. Only the Devo platform delivers the powerful combination of real-time visibility, high-performance analytics, scalability, multitenancy, and low TCO crucial for monitoring and securing business operations as enterprises accelerate their shift to the cloud. Devo is proud to be recognized as a Great Place to Work®
. Headquartered in Cambridge, Mass., Devo is backed by Insight Partners, Georgian, and Bessemer Venture Partners. Learn more at www.devo.com
As a Technical Support Engineer provides remote support to customers through different channels like web, email, chat, phone and other as needed. Able to research, diagnosis, troubleshoot and resolve issues while properly managing customer expectations. This position will be part of a rotation to provide 24/7/365 customer support to Devo customers.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
• Perform remote customer support.
• Install and configure applications.
• Monitor and maintain the Devo platform and/or software product.
• Maintain effective communication with customers through different channels like web, email, and phone.
• Prioritizing and managing the workflow.
• Troubleshooting, diagnosing, and resolving issues.
• Maintaining procedural documentation and reports.
• Ability to learn and work on changing technologies.
• Respond to customer calls, emails and act accordingly regarding issues.
• Establish and maintain good working relationship with customers and other professionals.
Qualifications and Experience:
• BS/BA degree in a technical field, or equivalent experience.
• Strong focus and dedication to customers.
• Effective written and verbal communication and interpersonal skills.
• Strong analytical approach for diagnosing and troubleshooting to resolve technical problems and issues.
• Demonstrated ability to organize and prioritize tasks and communications to meet resolution times.
• Strong troubleshooting, diagnosing skills to resolve technical issues.
• Good knowledge of computer systems.
• Familiar with Cloud platforms (i.e. AWS GovCloud, CloudOne).
• Hands on admin experience with Linux and Windows based servers.
• Hands on experience with database and/or big data query languages (i.e SQL, SPL, Linq)
• Experience with syslog
• Desired experience with SIEM and/or with a SOC.
Up to 15% travel.
Devo does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, national origin, religion, gender, age, veteran status, sexual orientation, marital status or disability (in compliance with the Americans with Disabilities Act) with respect to employment opportunities.
"Devo is committed to creating a welcoming culture that is not only grounded in teamwork and customer success but is fair and equitable for everyone." Marc van Zadelhoff, CEO
At Devo, diversity and inclusion means more than treating employees well and making them feel welcome. It is a commitment to hiring people who bring different insights because of their unique perspectives, ways of thinking, and prior experiences.
We intend to continue hiring great people and protecting our culture so everyone can be themselves and speak their minds. That way Devo will always be a place filled with purpose, energy, hard work, thoughtfulness, and respect.
To All Agencies: Please, no phone calls or emails to any employee of Devo outside of the Talent Acquisition team. Devo's policy is to only accept resumes from agencies via the Devo Agency Portal. Agencies must have a valid fee agreement in place and they must have been assigned the specific requisition to which they submit resumes, by the Talent Acquisition team. Any resume submitted outside of this process will be deemed the sole property of Devo and in the event a candidate is submitted outside of this policy is hired, no fee or payment of any kind will be paid