LanguageWire is one of the world’s leading providers of language and content services. Founded in 2000, LanguageWire continually develops unique technology to help brands reach their full global potential. Backed by a worldwide network of language experts and an intuitive online platform, we make it easy to manage multilingual content.
LanguageWire employ more than 70 people within Software Engineering and embrace the latest technologies and all new services are born in the cloud running on Kubernetes clusters. All landscapes are fully automated (infrastructure as code) and so is CI/CD. We process thousands of files, millions of words every day so uptime, scalability and quality are very important to us.
As our Team Lead in Valencia you will have the unique opportunity to be part of shaping our new team, because you will take part in hiring the rest of your 4-5 team members, which includes an SRE, QA, Senior backend and frontend developers. You enjoy working with people, that being growing new talents or engaging our already excellent developers even further.
You are strongest in the backend and fluent in C# and take great pride in delivering sound and scalable solutions. Your team will ensure new products and services are brought to life using a cloud native tech stack. It will be awesome. LanguageWire development teams really like the Spotify Tribes approach, so check that out!
- Be part of hiring and managing a team of 4-5 engineers according to Agile principles/Scrum
- Analyse business requirements and design scalable solutions with a focus on backend technology & APIs
- Work closely with the Product Owner on ensuring expectations are met and stuff gets delivered
- Coding & implementation of backend services and APIs. We expect you write code
- Combine classic backend coding with data driven application behaviour and functionality
- Manage the Software Development Life Cycle automation within a software team
- Master of Science, Computer Science or equivalent
- Proven experience with leading a team of smart engineers. (2 years or more). Team player, able to motivate and engage with engineers. You must be a likeable person!
- Proven experience with the development of complex software solutions (4 years or more)
- Proven experience with design & coding of REST APIs, database solutions and microservices in C# or Java (4 years or more)
- Experience with Windows, Linux and cloud technologies from GCP / Azure
- Certified Scrum Master or +2 years’ experience with Scrum/Agile as lead.
- Experience with CI/CD, build pipelines, infrastructure as Code a plus
LanguageWire is a community where communication is open, informal and friendly. The fact that we respect each other personally and professionally promotes collaboration and a positive social environment. We celebrate success and giving and receiving feedback and recognition is a natural part of our corporate culture.
Technology is a big part of what keeps LanguageWire ahead of the competition, but we never forget it’s a business built and powered by people. We ensure that our entire team is happy in what they do, and everyone has the tools they need to achieve. Because at the end of the day, that’s why our customers love to work with us – they enjoy working with a team of enthusiastic people!