System Engineer - Internal IT in Barcelona or Remote
What makes Cognizant Netcentric a great fit for you?
At Cognizant Netcentric, we come to work every day with the mission of leveraging cutting-edge technology to create memorable digital experiences for the world’s leading brands. And we do it as a diverse, global community of over 1500+ Adobe experts collaborating across countries, cultures, languages and technologies.We’re energized by an inclusive and responsive organizational culture that brings together the entrepreneurial spirit of a startup with the resources, growth opportunities and stability of a larger global organization.
Holacracy is the cornerstone of how we work, empowering every individual with the power to make an impact within our organization. All this encourages us to learn and grow as individuals, and unite as a team to build innovative digital experiences that touch people’s lives.
We are looking for an IT System Engineer with at least 4 years of experience to join Netcentric's Internal IT team. You are a good fit if you consider yourself as a team player who is looking forward to operating and constantly improving secure high-available Systems.
If this sounds like you, we need to talk.
What will you do:
- Perform changes around the Engineering Systems
- Monitor and troubleshoot the Engineering Systems
- Propose ideas and execute improvements based on metrics and best practices
- Work closely with the internal client for troubleshooting
- Plan and test backup, recovery and restore procedures scenarios
- Compensated on-call duty rotation
- Ability to work autonomously
- Strong verbal and written English skills
- Team oriented person
- Linux administration and scripting experience
- Solid understanding of networking and protocols
- Experience in AWS administration, Google Cloud or Azure
- Configuration Management tools such as Puppet, Ansible or Chef
- Provisioning tools such as Foreman
- Continuous Integration tools such as Git, Bitbucket, Jenkins or Nexus
- Monitoring tools such as Zabbix, Grafana or Prometheus
- Strong focus on automating common tasks
What makes us smile:
- Web applications experience with tools such as Apache, Nginx or Tomcat
- Administration of Atlassian product suite (Jira, Confluence, Crowd, Bitbucket)
- AWS CSA or
- LFCE, RedHat or LPIC certification
- Network Security or Cybersecurity certification
At Cognizant Netcentric you get:
- Permanent contract
- 30 working days of vacation
- Flexible working hours
- Recognition bonus system
- Private health insurance
- Apple work equipment
- WFH equipment + welcome package
- WFH monthly expenses compensation
- Access to Udemy courses
- Adobe certification
- Sponsored gym membership
- Tax-free benefits (ticket restaurant, kindergarten and transport)
- A dynamic and international team
- Everyone has a voice; we are a Holacracy organization
It's a young, international and visionary company with Swiss roots. Office locations span four different nations in Europe: Switzerland, Spain, Germany and the United Kingdom, and in these offices, you will find our diverse culture that embraces over 30 different nationalities from around the globe. Netcentric has a start-up spirit, and they don’t plan to slow down anytime soon.
- - Fancy offices, and best equipment available for today’s needs. Be prepared to be fully armed with the latest Apple ensemble.
- - 30 days of annual leave for all employees
- - Sponsored gym memberships
- - Flexible working hours, because we know you have a personal life too.
- - Company events. Think an annual sailing trip with all of your favourite colleagues off the Spanish or Croatian coast, or a weekend-long kickoff event in Barcelona.
Netcentric Kick-off 2015 from Netcentric on Vimeo.