What You’ll Do:
- Work on both foundational research and business critical initiatives, taking on the role of an insights leader. You will be responsible for identifying and designing the most suitable approach for the given business problems and leading the work of other insights practitioners in the organization to deliver against this
- Develop frameworks and methods that elevate the insights practice within the business unit and provide coaching and mentorship to members of the insights community
- Influence the thinking of senior leaders at Spotify within and outside the insights function
- Cultivate positive relationships with cross-functional teams of product managers, engineers, designers, user researchers, business partners and others across the company
Who You Are:
- Strong eye for business and demonstrated ability to create and drive strategic insights roadmaps to deliver against core business needs. Ability to plan and stage the insights work to be done and drive the execution of this leveraging other Insights individuals
- Excellent technical competence and experience performing analysis across a breadth of techniques (e.g. exploratory analytics / causal inference / experimentation / ML techniques)
- Strong SQL and quantitative programming skills (Python preferred)
- Extensive experience working with large scale datasets and using data engineering best practices (e.g. CI/CD, testing, git)
- Strong statistical knowledge and intuition, including experience designing, monitoring and analyzing A/B tests
- Ability to communicate effectively and influence senior leadership
- Ability to communicate technical and statistical concepts clearly and concisely among audiences of varying technical levels
- Ability to collaborate effectively with cross-functional partners to drive impact
- Experience of mentorship of other data scientists
- Thrive in a fast-paced, dynamic and high energy environment and are comfortable with ambiguity
Where You'll Be
- We are a distributed workforce enabling our band members to find a work mode that is best for them!
- Where in the world? For this role, it can be within the EMEA region in which we have a work location
- Prefer an office to work from home instead? Not a problem! We have plenty of options for your working preferences. Find more information about our Work From Anywhere options here
- Working hours? We operate within the Central European time zone for collaboration
- We ask that our team members be located within Greenwich Mean time zone, Central European time zone, or Eastern European standard time zone for the purposes of our collaboration hours
Our global benefits
Extensive learning opportunities, through our dedicated team, GreenHouse.
Flexible share incentives letting you choose how you share in our success.
Global parental leave, six months off - fully paid - for all new parents.
All The Feels, our employee assistance program and self-care hub.
Flexible public holidays, swap days off according to your values and beliefs.
Spotify On Tour, join your colleagues on trips to industry festivals and events.
Learn about life at Spotify