Software Quality Engineer - Typescript Automation in Madrid or Remote
Quality engineers at Red Hat are intrigued by how things work and constantly look for ways to make them better. They are not just testers; they are also developers who design, automate, and find creative ways to solve potential problems. At Red Hat, you can flex your software development skills in a different way.
Our engineers share their stories about working in Red Hat QE in this video - https://red.ht/QE
The Red Hat Hybrid Application Console team is looking for a UI Test Developer to join our team. In this role, you will develop various testing techniques for the hybrid application console UI ecosystem. Front end components have been developed using React JS, Typescript, and Redux. Testing technologies should include Jest and Cypress. Selenium/Protractor experience will also be considered. You'll need to be both creative and self-motivated, proficient in testing web applications, and able to work in a fast-paced, distributed environment. The primary area of tech to be supported by testing is React JS and its associated frameworks (ie. TypeScript, Redux, REST API, CSS, JSX, HTML, etc), and the testing methodology should run both locally and across CI/CD pipelines.
The Hybrid Application Console is at the forefront of technology in the Kubernetes space, helping our users build applications more easily and deploy into hybrid cloud environments. Being part of the OpenShift products is about passion for technology and development. You'll need to be creative and motivated, proficient in building web applications and able to work in a fast-paced, distributed environment.
Red Hat is an open organization, where good ideas matter more than rank or tenure, and you can be a part of our unique culture. We are guided by the Open Decision Framework and Open Management Practices while also celebrating diversity and inclusion. Regardless of your role, you will have the freedom to showcase your leadership skills and your ability to bring innovative solutions to complex problems.
What you will do
- Work with UI developers in an agile environment to fortify existing tests and testing libraries
- Work with the supporting development teams to gather information about plugin APIs and UIs, and provide testing for them so they are ready for multi party consumption
- Help contribute to a new test infrastructure for upcoming projects
- Collaborate with peer developers, designers, and product management during reviews. Iterate with the team to improve your solutions.
- Make time for fellow engineers to provide feedback and mentorship.
- Possible interest in contributing code not only for UI testing but also UI components
What you will bring
- Experience with test development tools like Jest and Cypress (Selenium/Protractor experience is also considered)
- Experience with REST APIs
- Familiarity or interest in CI/CD
- Experience with development tools like Git, npm
- Great communication and collaboration skills, with a solid attention to detail
- Willingness to learn new technologies, languages, and systems
Nice to have:
- Bachelor’s degree in computer science, computer engineering, or a technology-related discipline
- Experience with React
- Experience yarn and webpack
- Experience using Linux command line
- Experience with OpenShift, Kubernetes, or cloud platforms in general
Share on your newsfeed
About Red Hat
Red Hat is the world’s leading provider of enterprise open source software solutions, using a community-powered approach to deliver reliable and high-performing Linux, hybrid cloud, container, and Kubernetes technologies. Red Hat helps customers integrate new and existing IT applications, develop cloud-native applications, standardize on our industry-leading operating system, and automate, secure, and manage complex environments. Award-winning support, training, and consulting services make Red Hat a trusted adviser to the Fortune 500. As a strategic partner to cloud providers, system integrators, application vendors, customers, and open source communities, Red Hat can help organizations prepare for the digital future.
Diversity, Equity & Inclusion at Red Hat
Red Hat’s culture is built on the open source principles of transparency, collaboration, and inclusion, where the best ideas can come from anywhere and anyone. When this is realized, it empowers people from diverse backgrounds, perspectives, and experiences to come together to share ideas, challenge the status quo, and drive innovation. Our aspiration is that everyone experiences this culture with equal opportunity and access, and that all voices are not only heard but also celebrated. We hope you will join our celebration, and we welcome and encourage applicants from all the beautiful dimensions of diversity that compose our global village.
Read our complete Statement of Commitment to Diversity, Equity, and Inclusion
Equal Opportunity Policy (EEO)
Red Hat is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace and an affirmative action employer. We review applications for employment without regard to their race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, ancestry, citizenship, age, veteran status, genetic information, physical or mental disability, medical condition, marital status, or any other basis prohibited by law.
Red Hat does not seek or accept unsolicited resumes or CVs from recruitment agencies. We are not responsible for, and will not pay, any fees, commissions, or any other payment related to unsolicited resumes or CVs except as required in a written contract between Red Hat and the recruitment agency or party requesting payment of a fee
About Red Hat
Raleigh, NC, USA