Software Engineer – Machine Learning Systems in Madrid or Remote
Electronic Arts is an innovative tech company that creates incredible experiences for millions of players around the world. But what matters most is our people who inspire us, and the world, to play. As we bring new forms of entertainment to people around the world, we need innovative, collaborative, diverse and adaptable people to keep making Electronic Arts better.
The Frostbite Engine Team
The worldwide Frostbite team works on AI, Rendering, Animation, Physics, and other engine features that are used across EA games.
The mission of the Frostbite AI team is to develop tools, workflows, and runtime features that support the diverse AI and gameplay needs of game teams throughout the world, such as Crowd Simulations, Character Behavior Authoring, Pathfinding, and Machine Learning.
You will work with peers from multiple game studios and the worldwide Frostbite team to enhance the use of Machine Learning in all aspects of EA games, such as game AI, animation, physics, rigging, content generation, automated testing, etc.
You will work on software solutions that harness state-of-the-art Machine Learning concepts and 3rd-party frameworks, streamline their integration in the Frostbite Engine and contribute to the success of EA's biggest titles such as Battlefield, FIFA, and Need for Speed.
You will report directly to the team's Engineering Manager to help you work on your career goals.
- Work with Game Teams to deploy Machine Learning solutions in their games so that they can make use of their power more easily.
- Design, develop, test, deploy, maintain and improve third-party and proprietary Machine Learning inference runtimes.
- Work collaboratively to provide high-quality cross-platform products in C++ in an Agile environment.
- Ensure our designs are well documented and backed up with automated testing to improve ease of use and future maintenance of our technology.
- Work with co-located and remote colleagues and participate in technical discussions.
- Work with the AI leaders and Frostbite senior team members to understand customer needs and deliver incrementally on their highest priority features and requirements.
- Mastery of the C++ language and professional experience as a C++ developer.
- Deep understanding of memory management, multi-core use, profiling, and optimization.
- Familiarity with open-source machine learning frameworks (e.g. PyTorch, Tensorflow, ONNX Runtime).
- Familiarity with one or more of the following: Natural Language Processing, regression, classification, pattern recognition, generative methods.
- Interest in Product Ownership (product roadmap, requirements, customer interactions), working in partnership with the Product Manager.
Nice to haves:
- Experience working in game development.
- Understanding of multiple hardware platform portability challenges.
- Working knowledge of tensor algebra.
- Working knowledge of Python.
The Benefits of Becoming Part of the Team:
- Work in an environment with a flexible schedule and a great culture.
- Learn a massive amount of knowledge, skill sets, and professional software development practices.
- Participate in worldwide gaming-related events & conferences.
- Have your name on the credits of the triple-A games based on Frostbite.
- Have dedicated time allocated for innovation and prototyping personal initiatives.
- Be able to define personal development goals and be supported to achieve them.
- ….and of course, free EA video games.
And since we realize it takes outstanding people to make outstanding games, we offer great compensation and benefits packages and a culture that values creativity and individuality.
About EA We exist to inspire the world to play. Through innovative technology and immersive storytelling, we deliver new ways of experiencing worlds of interactive entertainment for our millions of players worldwide. Our strength lies in the diversity of our people, combining creativity, innovation and passion. We fully champion inclusive culture, and provide opportunities for growing, learning, and leading that allows for the most impactful and rewarding work of our teams’ careers. We put our people first, and we make sure they’re taken care of both in and out of the office. As we reflect on our learnings and successes from remote work, we aim to provide dynamic, collaborative and flexible work environments for our teams. Our employees connect through our Employee Resource Groups, which are actively involved in driving business decisions every step of the way. But our support doesn’t end at the workplace—we also encourage a balanced lifestyle with paid time off and new parent leave, free video games, fitness reimbursement and more. Our goal is to provide a safe, respectful and inspiring workplace for all of our employees. Through our diversity, equity, inclusion and social responsibility programs, we’re doing the work to give everyone the space to be their full selves while giving back to our community. We’re looking for problem-solvers, game-changers, innovators, dreamers, doers—people that are ready to move the needle and build on our success. As our industry accelerates, we aren’t just keeping up—we’re staying ahead of the game. Electronic Arts is an equal opportunity employer. All employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, national origin, ancestry, sex, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, age, genetic information, religion, disability, medical condition, pregnancy, marital status, family status, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law. Electronic Arts also makes workplace accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities as required by applicable law.
About Electronic Arts
Redwood City, CA, USA
5,000 - 10,000