Ebury is a Global FinTech: we apply new technologies to enhance and automate financial services and processes. This allows small and medium-sized businesses to trade and transact internationally by eliminating boundaries related to more traditional procedures.
Founded in 2009, we are now positioned among the fastest-growing companies in the sector! Headquartered in London, we have more than 1000 staff covering over 50 nationalities (and counting!) working across more than 27 offices worldwide and serving more than 45,000 clients every day.
Hard work pays off: Ebury has just received a £350 million investment from Banco Santander and has won over 20 internationally recognised awards such as the Growing Business of the Year 2019: Larger Company (Turnover £50m+) and Financial Times: 1000 Europe's Fastest-Growing Companies (which we have been awarded twice: 2017 and 2019!).
None of this would have been possible without what we’re most proud of: our great community. Enthusiastic, disruptive and collaborative teams, always ready to innovate and revolutionize the fast-paced Fintech dimension.
As a team lead you will form, grow and evolve a team of highly motivated individuals that focus on accountability and continuous improvement.
You will contribute to the development of a transactional banking platform, focusing on receiving and issuing payments in more than 140 currencies.
Our platform is a single platform (20+ Services) with 3 distinct channels for users to access our core functionality:
- Salesforce.com for our front office staff,
- Online banking portal built with Vue.js and
- a Rest API for 3rd party integrations.
Using tools such as Jenkins, Terraform, Sentry, Prometheus, and ELK you and your team will build and run services in a number of environments, and will be responsible for defining and achieving Service Level Objectives for your code.
Work with cross-functional product and technology teams across the company to build new features at large and multi-region scale, which will run smoothly in Docker containers on AWS ECS and Kubernetes.
- You have extensive experience in delivering complex software systems. Having experience in financial systems is desirable, but most important is that you know how to motivate and set-up high-performance teams.
- Agility is important to us, we expect you to guide your team through changes in requirements, work with product owners to plan what to work on.
- You care deeply about user experiences and own (define, implement, improve) appropriate metrics to measure them. You make decisions based on data and facts.
- Quality is important to us, we expect your team’s code to be testable and well covered with unit and integration tests. We use CI Jenkins pipelines and terraform for the deployment of services and infrastructure.
- Ebury Tech is a multi-cultural and distributed team, you will need great English communication skills and experience working in a global environment to be successful.
- Work closely with Product to have clear implementation plans for product roadmaps.
- Help your engineers grow their skills and experience.
- Run agile project management processes.
- Conduct code reviews, and make technical contributions to product architecture as well as getting involved in solving bugs and delivering small features.
- Generate and implement process improvements.
- Hold regular 1:1's with all members of your team, and participate in cross-team, skip-level 1:1’s.
- Give regular and clear feedback around an individual's performance.
- Foster technical decision making on the team, but make final decisions when necessary.
- Take part in our recruitment process, interviewing candidates, and onboarding new hires.
- Engage in our incident management process, leading both responses and retrospectives.
- Draft and review quarterly Engineering KPIs for your team.
- Improve product quality, security, and performance.
- 5 or more years experience in software development.
- 2 or more years experience in a leadership role with current backend technologies.
- In-depth experience with Python or Go; other languages may be considered depending on experience.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills with a good level of English.
- Experience working in the financial sector.
- 2 or more years experience of working with global team members in a distributed environment.
- Open source SQL databases such as PostgreSQL or MySQL.
- Familiarity with distributed tools e.g., Jira, Bitbucket, Slack, GSuite.
- Knowledge of Agile Development tools, techniques and principles (SCRUM).
- Familiar with AWS infrastructure and container orchestration.
WHAT WE OFFER
- Work on remote-first teams, so you won’t miss on water cooler conversations
- You will work remotely, but you will never feel alone. Get introduced to others via Donuts
- Live wherever you want (preferred time zone: EU and South America (GMT-5 max)), but we look for stability. At this point in time, we are not open to digital nomads.
- Work autonomously.
- Keep 100% focused!