The AI Team of Kognia Sports Intelligence are looking for a Software Engineer, to help build and deploy cutting edge tactical analysis and computer vision tools in the football domain together with AI and Machine Learning specialists on Kognia's AI Team.
This position is currently mixed remote/office at the discretion of each individual and each team. Although we are flexible based on individual situations, there is a minor preference for candidates in the Barcelona area willing to occasionally commute to our office in Sant Joan Despí (20 minutes from Barcelona centre).
- Contribute to designing, implementing, and maintaining machine learning and analytical software and infrastructure for detecting players, events, and tactics.
- Develop and maintain internal tooling for data collection and visualization.
- Help the AI Team in implementing best practices for software development and architecture.
- Develop and maintain databases and data pipelines in coordination with the Data Team.
- Use best practices around CI/CD, automation, testing, and monitoring of analytics pipelines.
- Investigate new technologies and approaches as needed.
- Strong background in Python.
- Knowledge of software architecture best practices.
- Excellent team player with strong verbal and written communication skills.
- 1+ years of relevant experience.
- Comfortable working in English - we’re an international team based in Barcelona, with English as our shared language.
- Knowledge and experience of deploying code to infrastructure (Kubernetes, AWS, Google Cloud Platform).
- Experience of database and data pipeline management.
- Knowledge of PyTorch, C++, CUDA, Xarray.
Sant Joan Despí, Barcelona, Spain
Kognia’s software provides feedback directly to coaching staffs in their own language. Coaches are alerted to important tactical situations and given suggestions for exploiting them. Post-match, users can review squad performance and explore a database of training drills based on the detected tactics.