Are you interested in working with a modern, cloud native stack? Are you fond of working with scalability, microservice architectures and have an interest in Machine Learning? Are you an expert at CI/CD, IaC, monitoring and cloud services. Then this might be the position for you!
The role you’ll play
As our Site Reliability Engineer, you will work together your team on automating all stages and steps of the software development, deployment, and operation process. You will help ensure that the services within the ML team are hosted in a scalable and highly available way. You will work together with other SREs in Languagewire on setting up the best tools and practices, and implement and share these with your team.
The team you’ll be a part of
Our machine learning team is a cross functional team consisting of ML Engineers, Fullstack Developers and Data Engineers. The team is responsible for building Languagewire's core machine translation, as well our real-time MT product 'Languagewire Translate' and various analytics solutions. The team consists of 9 engineers distributed across 4 countries with no two members originating from the same country. All teams in Languagewire operate according to the “You build it, you run it” paradigm. The stack that you'll be involved with consists primarily of:
- Azure DevOps pipelines for CI/CD
- A cloud native architecture built around GCP using GKE, Istio, Big Query, Composer, IAM etc.
- Celery with Redis/RabbitMQ
- Apache Airflow in Composer
If you want to make a difference, make it with us by…
- Help ensure all existing applications/pipelines adhere to DevOps and SRE best practices
- Help create CI/CD for all future components
- Code and automate infrastructure with IaC
- Build sophisticated continuous monitoring & observability
- Cooperate with your SRE counterparts from other teams to align, unify, and improve our DevOps techniques and toolse
- Share your SRE knowledge with other engineers inside your own team
In one year, you’ll know you were successful if…
- The CI/CD in the team is managed in such a way that every team member is able to set it up from scratch for a new project
- Our services all operate in a highly scalable, available and cost efficient manner
Desired experience and competencies
What does it take to work for LanguageWire?
What you’ll need to bring
- Experience with a major cloud provider (AWS/Azure/GCP)
This will make you stand out
- Azure Devops Services
Most important things to know about us:
- We eliminate language barriers so people understand each other. Everywhere.
- We are a tech company
- We are an AI company
- We are stable, and we are growing
More detail about us:
At LanguageWire, we are leaders in the world of Language Service Providers, but we are cooler than our competitors. Want to know why? Read on. We are fueled by the most advanced technology (AI) and our goal is to make customer's lives easier by simplifying their communication with any audience across the globe.
We are proud of our unique AI technology and our exquisite customer care. We are even prouder of our people. From our language experts, tech nerds, and customer success drivers to the core of heroes in the background. They all have a stake in supporting the delivery of translations, editing, desktop publishing, and other crazy cool multilingual communication services.
We listen and we care. We adapt our solutions to customer needs and integrate them with customer-specific tech stacks, streamlines and automated workflows. All of this while ensuring all data is protected thoroughly in a secure, meteorite-proof infrastructure. Basically, we've got the whole package!
LanguageWire is a community where communication is open, informal and friendly. The fact that we respect each other personally and professionally promotes collaboration and a positive social environment. We celebrate success, and giving and receiving feedback and recognition is a natural part of our corporate culture.
Technology is a big part of what keeps LanguageWire ahead of the competition, but we never forget it’s a business built and powered by people. We ensure that our entire team is happy with what they do and everyone has the tools they need to achieve. Because at the end of the day, that’s why our customers love to work with us—they enjoy working with a team of enthusiastic people!
Working at LanguageWire — why we like it:
“Being surrounded by so many talented colleagues is one of the best things about working at LanguageWire. The working atmosphere is great, and being part of such a multicultural team represents an enriching and incredible opportunity for the development of my career”
(Anna, Operations Solutions Project Manager, Valencia)
“Why I love my job at LanguageWire? Three things: Team Spirit, Goals and Caring Leadership. It begins and ends with the team. I am motivated because I work with a great team of people who know how to work together, know each other, and thrive when working collaboratively to achieve our goals. We care about each other. As a leader, you need to embrace the whole team to make the team great and achieve set goals. LanguageWire takes pride in caring about it all.”
(Marianne, Customer Success Director, Aarhus)
Want to know more?
We can’t wait to meet you! So, why wait 'til tomorrow? Apply today!
If you have any questions, please reach out to Betti Csiba, People&Culture Partner at firstname.lastname@example.org!
What are the perks?
We don't stand still. We don’t look back; we drive forward!
Are you the next Wire in our community? Consider a career with LanguageWire, and let’s realize your potential together. These are some of the perks of becoming a Wire...
- Scale-up by facts — start-up by heart
- Enjoy flat hierarchies, direct feedback, and room to stand up for your own ideas
- We are a fast-growing tech company that enables you to develop, be part of the decision-making processes, and suggest new and fresh ways to come up with solutions
- International company. Offices in Copenhagen, Aarhus, Stockholm, Varberg, London, Leuven, Lille, Munich, Hamburg, Zurich, Kiev, Gdansk, Atlanta and Valencia
- 360 employees with great gender and cultural diversity
- A lot of responsibility and freedom
- We are committed to bringing in top talent from all sectors and countries
- Enjoy LanguageWire's three flexible work options tailored to how you work best. Depending on your team, you may have the option to work full-time from the office as an "Office Bee," part-time from the office as a "Nomad," or full-time from home as a "Homey."
- We take care of our people with great benefits, professional development opportunities, and get-together initiatives like online fitness classes, yoga, Christmas parties, etc. We have fun!
- More than 180 great colleagues in different business departments.
- Excellent location (20 min walk to the city center) in cool and modern offices
- Working in an international environment—more than 20 different nationalities
- Freshly ground coffee from the coffee machine and free fruit