Senior UX Researcher in Valencia or Remote
At Voicemod, we've made real-time voice changing a reality. Today, more than 30 million gamers and streamers are creating their sonic identities and turning regular gaming sessions into full-blown spectacles using our revolutionary audio tools.
On its mission to ensure that everybody can express themselves through sound, our team has grown to 150+ people working remotely from all corners of the globe. Working at Voicemod means collaborating with a distributed team of ambitious and experienced product managers, engineers, designers and marketers - many of which came from Facebook, Google, LinkedIn, Electronic Arts, ESL or Delivery Hero to join us on our quest to push the boundaries of how we interact with others online.
Everyone you’ll talk to at Voicemod will tell you one thing: we genuinely and deeply care about our people and our users. We’ve created a culture and products that we’re proud of and now we’re looking for someone with passion and drive to help us shape the future. Does it sound like you?
Working at Voicemod means 🎖️
👥 Putting people first
💪 Being brave
🗽 Showing ownership & accountability
🤝 Being honest & transparent
🎨 Being creative and having fun
🌟 Mastering our craft
About the role 💡
As a Sr UX Researcher, you will partner with stakeholders to design and conduct UX research studies that bring forward new insights and drive product innovation. You will advocate for our customers and evangelize your findings to senior executives, stakeholders, and team members. Also, you will help the team scale our research influence by empowering the broader UX and product teams through guidance and support them in the rolling and rapid research program so they can do their own small usability tests
What you'll do 💼
- Define, plan, and conduct user research to help better understand customer expectations, problems, needs and motivations
- Partner with cross-disciplinary product teams including product management, data science, design, engineering, user support and marketing to ensure customers’ voice is represented across the product cycle
- Contribute to research team strategy within the organization
- Deliver actionable insights in impactful and creative ways (e.g. reports, journey maps, video storytelling, personas, workshops, etc.) to inform and inspire product and design decisions.
- Design and execute studies that address both user behavior and attitudes, using the right methodology for the right questions
- Generate insights that shape how product teams think about medium and long-term product strategy
- Establish and maintain a culture of rigor and data curiosity to drive tangible business impact
What you'll need ✅
- Passion and motivation for researching the gaming, content creation and metaverse industry
- 3-5 years of experience in applied UX product research in start-up and tech Industry
- BA/BS or higher in Computer Science, HCI, Psychology, Sociology, Anthropology, Information Science, OR equivalent practical/industry experience
- Experience with scoping, planning, and executing research
- Demonstrated understanding of the strengths and tradeoffs of using different qualitative and quantitative research methods including when and how to apply them during the product development process
- Proficiency in distilling research into actionable narratives through creative and compelling frameworks and using engaging storytelling with cross-functional partners to drive impact
- Relevant experience spanning qualitative and quantitative user-centered research methods (e.g., interviewing, ethnography, surveys, co-design, concept-testing, etc.)
- You can work with minimal direction and can work quickly while delivering high-quality outputs. You will work on overlapping projects, so you are good at multi-tasking, juggling competing priorities, and organizing yourself
Research has shown that women are less likely than men to apply for this role if they do not have solid experience in 100% of these areas. Please know that this list is indicative and that we would still love to hear from you even if you feel you only are a 75% match. Skills can be learnt, diversity cannot.
We promote a diverse and inclusive culture at Voicemod.
Hiring process ⚙️
Our interview process takes place on Google Meet and tends to consist of the following stages:
1️⃣ TA Team - Validate details, experience and tell you more about Voicemod (30min).
2️⃣ Hiring Manager - Give you a job overview and go deeper on your professional experience (60min).
3️⃣ Technical Interview - We’ll go deeper on your technical skills (60min).
4️⃣ Final Interview - Last conversation focused on soft skills and ways of working (60min).
Our perks ❤️
⏱ Flexible Working Hours - Adapt your job to your lifestyle. You do you!
🌍 Remote Working - Decide if you want to work from home, from our office in Valencia, or wherever you might be traveling to!
✈️ 26 vacation days - 23 regular days + December 24th & 31st + your birthday off!
🏖️ Extra week off in August - Don't worry about pending stuff, the entire company will be off!
📖 Learning & Development - Enjoy LinkedIn training courses covered by us.
🏥 Wellbeing - Paid sick leave as well as maternity/paternity leave, and healthcare insurance for employees residing in Spain.
💰 Performance Bonus (up to 15%) - On top of a competitive salary package.
🔌 Remote stipend - To compensate for remote working costs.
🧑🏫 Free English or Spanish lessons - From beginner to advanced levels.
🎮 Gamer-oriented environment - Gaming nights are common around here!
What are we doing and how does it look like to work with us? Check out the links below!
YouTube | Careers Page | Glassdoor | Blog | Medium | Twitter | Instagram | LinkedIn | TikTok | Facebook
If you haven't used Voicemod yet, you can download it here!!
50 - 200