This is us in a nutshell:
- We are singularly focused on providing all the tools and building blocks our customers need to deliver outstanding online shopping experiences and innovation across all digital touchpoints.
- In 2013 we introduced a modular, API-first cloud-native commerce platform, pioneering the headless commerce space and enabling us to build the foundation to change our whole industry for the better and re-invent ecommerce.
- Our international expansion has reached Europe, the US and Asia Pacific. In September 2021, we announced our $140m series C funding round led by global tech investor Accel, alongside existing investors Insight Partners and REWE Group, which has accelerated our global growth and elevated us to unicorn status. We are now valued at $1.9bn, named a Leader in the 2021 Gartner® Magic Quadrant™ for Digital Commerce for the second year in a row.
We are looking to hire an experienced Technical Writer with strong technical proficiencies that has a genuine interest in SaaS, APIs, and writing to join our growing team.
We are proud of our product and its documentation. We have created a modern commerce platform from scratch with amazing capabilities: A cloud based API as a service, enabling any imaginable user experience. Our platform is used by global clients that operate a complex technical architecture with high degrees of customization and optimization. Our dedicated team makes our technology easy to understand: We create tailored reference documentation, tutorials and articles enabling our customers to build fast and robust solutions.
Please note that for this role, you can work from one of our offices in Berlin or in Munich. Also, we can currently offer full-remote work for candidates based in the European Union and in the United Kingdom.
- Conceptualize, structure and create the documentation of our product.
- Continuously expand and improve the documentation in sync with our continuously deployed and improved product releases.
- Collaborate with other teams and departments across the organization to craft new and improved content driven by user needs and real-world use cases.
- Work with streamlined feature development teams of Product Managers, Front- and Backend Engineers and Designers to contribute to all aspects of a feature’s written artifacts, from UI text, to user guides, to API reference documentation.
- Support and enable developers to provide good initial product documentation for new functionality.
- Create consistent example usage scenarios that ease the initial understanding of the functionality and its underlying concepts - based on these, crafting tutorials and other step-by-step material.
- Mentor and train junior Technical Writers.
What you need to succeed:
- Previous experience working with a modern documentation technology stack (Markdown, static site generators, Git and a docs-as-code approach).
- Familiarity with or previous experience working in an Agile, Continuous Delivery development environment.
- You are able to form complex technical concepts into clear and concise natural language.
- Attention to detail and precision.
- You are highly organized and able to triage and prioritize numerous issues and projects.
- Proactive and social in reaching out to colleagues across the company, both in person and remotely.
- Own vision and creativity in selecting the right medium and form to convey the information most effectively.
- You have successfully mentored/trained junior Software Engineers or Technical Writers.
- Excellent English, both written and verbal.
Tech at commercetools:
We Are Open Source And Innovative By Design
🚀 We make rapid progress by being early adopters of React, Scala, and GraphQL
⚙️ We <3 Automation and Machine Learning
We care about your Growth and Well-being
☀️ Remote Work: Up to 60 days/year from a country different from your base country
💻 Open Learning & Development Budget
📚 ct Academy: Regular internal training sessions
⌚️ Flexibility: Morning person or night owl? We believe in outcome and motivated employees
🚀 Mindset & Growth: A diverse, creative workspace with an international culture & learning environment
Are you ready? Come grow with us!
We are all different and that is what makes us stronger! We hire great people from a wide variety of backgrounds, not just because it’s the right thing to do, but because it makes our company better.
commercetools celebrates being a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunities employer. If your professional profile aligns with our specific hiring requirements and company culture, then we encourage you to apply. We will assess your competencies, future potential, approach to learning and self-development and passion, and not your age, color, national origin, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, familial status, genetics, or disability.
200 - 500
commercetools has offices across the US, Europe, and Asia Pacific, with headquarters in Germany. Since its founding in 2006, commercetools software has been implemented by Fortune 500 companies across industries, from retail to manufacturing and from telecommunications to fashion.