Senior Software Engineer - Edge OS in Madrid or Remote
The Red Hat Edge Engineering team is looking for a Senior Software Engineer who is passionate about security at the edge. Red Hat is building an ecosystem in the edge computing space by focusing on customers that want to deploy thousands of devices for their workloads. In this role, you will apply your knowledge of security to the processes of provisioning and onboarding Red Hat Enterprise Linux running on edge devices. You will work with internal Red Hat teams as well as collaborate with partners and customers to help define Red Hat’s Edge Story. And, since we’re Red Hat, you will contribute to open source projects while delivering solutions enterprise-ready for our customers.
For more information about the team's work, visit:
Repository for much of the upstream work done by the Edge team,
Documentation for the team’s upstream project,
RHEL for Edge related blog post.
What you will do
- Work as part of a globally distributed team that builds the provisioning, onboarding, security, and observability capabilities of Red Hat Enterprise Linux for Edge
- Define short term goals and regularly present accomplishments to the engineering team
- Collaborate with Product Management to help define the overall product vision and communicate feature requirements, roadmaps, and deliverable dates
- Work on upstream open source projects that further the edge story for Red Hat
- Work with quality engineering, documentation, and productization teams to ensure the entire process of delivering Red Hat Enterprise Linux for Edge meets the high standards our customers expect
What you will bring
- Demonstrated experience with Golang or Rust, as well as scripting (Python/Bash)
- Demonstrated experience with security related technologies such as certificates, PKI, TPM2
- Demonstrated experience with kernel security technologies such as UEFI Secure boot, IMA, TPM2 measurements and attestation
- Experience using virtualization for local development (QEMU or libvirt)
- Experience using containers, i.e. using podman or docker for local development
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills in English
- Passion for mentoring junior engineers
The following are considered a plus:
- Demonstrable experience with open source projects (GitHub/GitLab profile, etc.)
- Experience balancing sustaining engineering and open source contributions
- Experience building, packaging, and maintaining RPMs
- Experience collaborating with security technology working groups such as TCG or FIDO
Share on your newsfeed
About Red Hat
Red Hat is the world’s leading provider of enterprise open source software solutions, using a community-powered approach to deliver reliable and high-performing Linux, hybrid cloud, container, and Kubernetes technologies. Red Hat helps customers integrate new and existing IT applications, develop cloud-native applications, standardize on our industry-leading operating system, and automate, secure, and manage complex environments. Award-winning support, training, and consulting services make Red Hat a trusted adviser to the Fortune 500. As a strategic partner to cloud providers, system integrators, application vendors, customers, and open source communities, Red Hat can help organizations prepare for the digital future.
Diversity, Equity & Inclusion at Red Hat
Red Hat’s culture is built on the open source principles of transparency, collaboration, and inclusion, where the best ideas can come from anywhere and anyone. When this is realized, it empowers people from diverse backgrounds, perspectives, and experiences to come together to share ideas, challenge the status quo, and drive innovation. Our aspiration is that everyone experiences this culture with equal opportunity and access, and that all voices are not only heard but also celebrated. We hope you will join our celebration, and we welcome and encourage applicants from all the beautiful dimensions of diversity that compose our global village.
Read our complete Statement of Commitment to Diversity, Equity, and Inclusion
COVID-19 Community Standards
Being a Red Hatter means caring for one another and taking steps to protect our colleagues, customers, partners, and communities, even as personal risk tolerances and country regulations vary.
Red Hat continues to support vaccination against COVID-19 as one of the best steps we can take to contribute toward ending the pandemic and to keeping one another, our customers and partners, and our communities safe. Globally, our approach is to comply with vaccination or testing requirements in countries with them.
Read Our COVID-19 Community Standards
Equal Opportunity Policy (EEO)
Red Hat is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace and an affirmative action employer. We review applications for employment without regard to their race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, ancestry, citizenship, age, veteran status, genetic information, physical or mental disability, medical condition, marital status, or any other basis prohibited by law.
About Red Hat
Raleigh, NC, USA