Travelport is a place of opportunity. It’s our incredible team that makes our company great – our people drive our winning culture.
Travelport is a worldwide travel retail platform. Our next-generation marketplace connects buyers and sellers that share our passion for delivering exceptional travel experiences. Unconflicted and independent, we are reinventing a simpler future for travel’s complex ecosystem.
What does a great Senior Web Developer do?
You will be working on and supporting Efficiency Suite, a self-service portal that allows our customers to configure rules to automate travel agents’ repetitive tasks to finalize bookings. You and your team will be designing and implementing new features to make Efficiency Suite the most competitive automation product in the travel business.
Efficiency Suite has moved to global availability recently. The focus is now on ramping up the tool with new capabilities and enhancements to ensure adoption of the tool. The team is also concentrating on making the application more scalable and robust as well as improving the time to market via automation of continuous delivery pipeline.
As a senior web developer on the Efficiency Suite team you will be a bridge between design, product and dev team. You will be collaborating closely with designers to define and optimize prototypes, and build components that are accessible, performant and responsive. You will also be collaborating with product team to spearhead important product design and usability decisions. You and your team will be designing and implementing new features to make Efficiency Suite the most competitive automation product in the travel business. Applicants require a sharp eye for detail and in-depth knowledge of CSS, HTML, JS and React.
The impact of your work on Efficiency Suite will be significant as you ship products that end up in the hands of agents that make the travel industry tick every single day. If you’re interested in making a global impact by delivering creative user experiences – we’d love to hear from you.
- Working in an Agile environment and collaborating with teams
- Develop, modify, and enhance creative and responsive client-side web applications
- Build and implement feature & function rich enterprise level websites
- Constantly research & identify new web technologies/trends to drive innovation, quality, and a fresh outlook
- Provide suggestions for improvement, betterment of the product from both technical and functional standpoints.
- Working with architecture and product management to identity the optimal technical approach
and contribute to the full solution design
- Coach and guide your peers within the team
- Maintain proper coding standards and quality
- Ease of solution maintenance.
- Internal feedback.
- On time deliveries
- Effective communication
- Maintain a positive work culture
What we look for/who would prosper in this role?
- Understanding of all phases of the SDLC and experienced in working in a test-driven agile development environment.
- 5+ years’ experience in web front end development is required
- Willingness to focus on React as the framework of choice.
- Experience integrating web apps with RESTful APIs.
- Good understanding of browser rendering behavior and performance.
- Experience with facilitating code and technical review processes (merge request, pair programming)
- Nice to have experience with modern frontend tooling, including CSS pre-processors, build tools (e.g. Webpack, Gulp), testing frameworks, transpilers and module loaders
- Has ability to take clear and efficient decisions and bridge gaps between product and dev team.
As we evolve and grow as a business, so will you.
You will thrive within an inclusive and diverse workplace where you are encouraged to think differently, and have the courage, confidence & ambition to challenge what’s been done before, and be bold to win!
These are just a few of our employee’s favourite benefits/perks…
Interested? We’d love for you to get in touch!*
*Please note that if your application is progressed, you may be asked to complete a self-recorded video interview, at a time that works best for you. This is your chance to bring your skills & experience to life in your own words and style. Ensure you keep an eye on your junk folder just in case our invitation finds its way there.
We are an equal opportunities employer and will consider all qualified applicants purely on their skills and abilities. We will ensure that individuals with disabilities are provided reasonable accommodation to participate in the job application or interview process, to perform crucial job functions, and to receive other benefits and privileges of employment. Please contact us to request