This is us in a nutshell:
- We are singularly focused on providing all the tools and building blocks our customers need to deliver outstanding online shopping experiences and innovation across all digital touchpoints.
- In 2013 we introduced a modular, API-first cloud-native commerce platform, pioneering the headless commerce space and enabling us to build the foundation to change our whole industry for the better and re-invent ecommerce.
- Our international expansion has reached Europe, the US and Asia Pacific. In September 2021, we announced our $140m series C funding round led by global tech investor Accel, alongside existing investors Insight Partners and REWE Group, which has accelerated our global growth and elevated us to unicorn status. We are now valued at $1.9bn, named a Leader in the 2021 Gartner® Magic Quadrant™ for Digital Commerce for the second year in a row.
You would like to work with enthusiastic and experienced Software Engineers in an agile, international environment with a modern tech stack (#Functionalprogramming, #GraphQL, #Scala)? You are thrilled by getting your hands on one of the most innovative, modern eCommerce platforms the world has seen? Your heart beats Scala, you love solving complex problems? On top, do you work with passion, love clean code, and like to understand the big picture? Sounds like commercetools is the perfect match! Modern e-Commerce solutions, built for high availability!
- Work on a very technical product – we build the APIs that power the product catalog: products, categories, inventories, product information management.
- Collaborate with a motivated and skilled team to solve complex business requirements in high traffic, multi-tenant, and multi-cloud environment
- Design, implement, improve and maintain scalable services from the database over CI to API, relying on MongoDB and Elasticsearch while using modern libraries like Cats, Circe, Monix, and Sangria to write clean and testable code
- Have a direct impact on the topics the team works on next through closely collaborating with product and giving feedback early – we are confident in working on the right thing and we own it
- Spend a tech-day every other week on personal growth and learning and share your knowledge with the team
- Thrive in a distributed team with flexible work hours, we trust each other to do the best work we can
- Test software components regarding usability, functionality, and performance relying on frameworks like Gatling and Cornichon
- Taking part in on-call rotation (with the worldwide distributed team) for production systems
What you need to succeed:
- At least 4 years experience as Software Engineer working with Scala
- Deep insights in functional programming and practical work experience with Scala and in developing server-side systems using the JVM
- Solid understanding of parallel and asynchronous programming as well as non-blocking I/O
- Experience in developing REST APIs and knowledge of scalable architectures (incl. sharding, replication, load balancing, and failover)
- Fluent English for work in international teams
- Aspiration to constantly improve yourself and learn new technologies, concepts, etc.
- Bachelor's degree (or higher) in Computer Science and/or equivalent experience/qualification
Nice to have:
- MongoDB, Elasticsearch, Amazon SQS, Google Pub/Sub, CircleCI, and Kubernetes knowledge
- Experience with advanced functional programming concepts and libraries like cats, cats-effect, tagless final, and recursion schemes
Positivity. Negativity is the enemy of progress.
Trust & Transparency. Promote direct and continuous feedback.
Learning. Be proud if you’ve failed at something. Think big, start small, learn fast!
Tech at commercetools:
We Are Open Source And Innovative By Design
🚀 We make rapid progress by being early adopters of React, Scala, and GraphQL
⚙️ We <3 Automation and Machine Learning
We care about your Growth and Well-being
☀️ Remote Work: Up to 60 days/year from a country different from your base country
💻 Open Learning & Development Budget
📚 ct Academy: Regular internal training sessions
⌚️ Flexibility: Morning person or night owl? We believe in outcome and motivated employees
🚀 Mindset & Growth: A diverse, creative workspace with an international culture & learning environment
Are you ready? Come grow with us!
We are all different and that is what makes us stronger! We hire great people from a wide variety of backgrounds, not just because it’s the right thing to do, but because it makes our company better.
commercetools celebrates being a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunities employer. If your professional profile aligns with our specific hiring requirements and company culture, then we encourage you to apply. We will assess your competencies, future potential, approach to learning and self-development and passion, and not your age, color, national origin, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, familial status, genetics, or disability.
200 - 500
commercetools has offices across the US, Europe, and Asia Pacific, with headquarters in Germany. Since its founding in 2006, commercetools software has been implemented by Fortune 500 companies across industries, from retail to manufacturing and from telecommunications to fashion.