DEXMA is a SaaS company, based in Barcelona, that helps to reduce energy consumption in buildings. We collect 40M+ real-time measurements per day using stream-processing techniques, and we apply Artificial Intelligence to detect savings potential, identify anomalies and forecast future consumption.
We are now hiring Senior Developers who embrace software craftsmanship and have a strong background in either Java or Kotlin.
Work-life balance is important to us and hence we are remote-friendly, but at the same time we see the benefits of on-site encounters, so we are open to remote candidates that not farther than a 2h flight to Barcelona, and would enjoy meeting the team once every 1-2 months (once the COVID restrictions cease)
Our team is cross-functional and self-organizing. As a team member, you’ll work along with the Backend Developers, DevOps, Data-Scientists and the Product Owner, using Agile methodologies to deliver incremental releases of our software solutions every few weeks.
Your day-to-day will involve developing new components and refactoring existing modules of a microservice-oriented architecture, applying functional programming and reactive patterns.
You will contribute to the architecture decision-making, along with your Backend peers and the input of the rest of the cross-functional teams (Frontend Developers, Data Scientist & DevOps) towards the best cost/benefit solution to each feature request.
As a Senior Developer, you will help to define and disseminate best practices & processes that the team needs to commit to. You will give your opinion in Pull Requests and during Sprint Reviews and Retrospections of what we should improve and how.
Being a Software Developer at DEXMA involves:
- Caring about good practices & principles of the SDLC.
- Being involved in the full process from design to code, reasoning out your decisions with your team, based on your experience and your learnings.
- Being proficient with the code that you write, keeping it clean and simple.
- Applying functional and reactive programming principles.
- Finding simple solutions to complex problems that involve Big Data processes.
- Contributing to reducing Global Warming with the result of your daily job.
- Pragmatic mindset, balancing quality, performance, and time-to-market.
- Eager to explore new technologies and curious about how things work.
- Proven experience in modern JVM languages (Java 8+, Scala or Kotlin).
- Obsession for Unit & Integration testing.
- A clear understanding of the CI/CD pipelines.
Awesome to Have:
- Hands-on experience with JVM applications running in Kubernetes
- Experience handling Time-Series or other kinds of Big Data
- Functional programming principles
- Experience improving the performance of JVM applications
You can find our updated technology stack at https://stackshare.io/dexma/dexma
- A friendly, humble, and talented group with 10+ different nationalities
- 16" MacBook Pro + 27" monitor
- Sponsored home-office (standup desk, ergonomic chair)
- JetBrains All-Products Pack (IntelliJ, PyCharm, DataGrip,...)
- Flexible working hours
- Remote-first, although we foster social-encounters and offline team activities
- Company-sponsored courses, conference passes & technical books
- Company hackathons
- Team events (BBQ, football, outdoor activities...)
- Ticket Restaurant / Transport / Kindergarten
- Subsidized private healthcare
- Subsidized Gym
- Free goodies in the office: water, coffee, fresh fruit, snacks, …
Ready to grow with us? Apply and we’ll get in touch with you soon.