Senior Front-end Software Engineer - Guest Reservations in Barcelona or Remote
Cloudbeds provides the platform that powers hospitality, driving streamlined operations, increasing reservations and revenue, and enabling memorable guest experiences for lodging businesses of all sizes and types. Named the No. 1 PMS and No. 1 Hotel Management System by Hotel Tech Report in 2022, Cloudbeds is trusted by properties across the globe for its award-winning front desk, revenue, distribution, guest acquisition and guest engagement solutions seamlessly combined in a single unified system.
Behind the Cloudbeds platform is a growing team of 700+ employees distributed across 40+ countries speaking 30+ languages. From data architects to UX designers, integrations managers to payments experts, former hotel managers to former OTA executives, our team comprises the brightest minds in technology and hospitality working to solve the industry’s biggest challenges.
From the beginning, we've believed that our people are our greatest asset, so we founded the company as #RemoteFirst, #RemoteAlways with shared core values that allow our team to thrive. This means we:
- Hire the best people around the world;
- Emphasize the value of results over hours put in;
- Provide flexibility in working hours and locations;
- Foster an inclusive environment that celebrates bold thinking and diverse perspectives;
- Offer open vacation policies, free LinkedIn Learning, and other benefits that promote well-being and professional development.
Together we're on a mission to power every property in the world, and to do that, we need to find the best talent in the world. That's why we're on the search for a superstar Senior Front End Engineer - Guest Reservations.
For this Senior Front End Engineer role, we are looking for someone who has worked with a broad range of patterns, practices, libraries, and frameworks, familiar with the nuances of applying them to large-scale React-based applications. You will participate in strategic decisions regarding the use of libraries, tools, and architectural design.
Location: Remote - EU
What You Will Do:
- Use React with TypeScript to build next-generation web experiences supporting flexibility and customization from the start.
- Communicate with UI/UX, product, architects and engineers to analyze and suggest efficient solutions based on requirements.
- Coach and mentor team members on frontend software engineering activities and best practices.
- Lead discussions on complex technical concepts and requirements
with both technical and non-technical stakeholders.
- Work with product managers, content producers, architects, and release engineers to matriculate your solution from development to production build.
- Write well-formulated, testable, and readable code using appropriate software design patterns.
You’ll Succeed With:
- 5+ years of Frontend web development experience.
- Experience designing and implementing architecture for a large web application, based upon good product sense and the ability to empathize with our customers.
- Strong knowledge of React and React hooks and applying them to global/server state management with libraries such as ReactQuery, Apollo, and Redux.
- Experience writing functional components, using custom hooks, and understanding the trade-offs between various patterns of component communication, defensive programming, application design, and automated testing.
- Strong knowledge of CSS with working knowledge of CSS-in-JS and how it can be applied to maintaining and developing a component library.
- Comfortable with testing tools such as Jest, testing-library for unit testing as well as E2E testing, such as Cypress and/or Selenium
Nice to Have:
- Experience with Microfrontends.
- Experience working with a remote-first and globally distributed team.
- Experience with deployment tooling including Webpack, and Webpack5 Federated Modules.
- Experience with 3rd party UI component libraries, and integrating them with a customized, standalone distributable UI-Library.
- Experience with CI/CD tooling, including Github Actions and Workflows.
Our company culture supports flexible working schedules with an open Paid Time Away policy and gives all team members the opportunity to travel and work remotely with great people. If you think you have the skills and passion, we’ll give you the support and opportunity to thrive in your career. If you would like to be considered for the role, we would love to hear from you!
Company Awards to Check Out!
- Fastest Growing Companies | Inc. 500 (2018 & 2019)
- Best Places to Work | Inc Magazine (2017 & 2018)
- Best Places to Work | HotelTechReport (2018, 2019, 2020, 2021)
- Best Property Management System | HotelTechReport (2021, 2022)
- Best Hotel Management Software | HotelTechReport (2022)
- Start-Ups to Watch | Forbes (2018)
- Best Startup Employers | Forbes (2020, 2022)
- Technology Fast 500 | Deloitte (2019, 2020, 2021)
- Top 100 North America | Red Herring (2020)
- Connect MIP Award (Technology)
Cloudbeds is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer that celebrates the diversity in our global team! We do not discriminate based upon race, religion, color, national origin, gender (including pregnancy, childbirth, or related medical conditions), sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, age, status as a protected veteran, status as an individual with a disability, or other applicable legally protected characteristics.