At Voicemod, we've made real-time voice changing a reality. Today, more than 30 million gamers and streamers are creating their sonic identities and turning regular gaming sessions into full-blown spectacles using our revolutionary audio tools.
On its mission to ensure that everybody can express themselves through sound, our team has grown to 150+ people working remotely from all corners of the globe. Working at Voicemod means collaborating with a distributed team of ambitious and experienced product managers, engineers, designers and marketers - many of which came from Facebook, Google, LinkedIn, Electronic Arts, ESL or Delivery Hero to join us on our quest to push the boundaries of how we interact with others online.
Everyone you’ll talk to at Voicemod will tell you one thing: we genuinely and deeply care about our people and our users. We’ve created a culture and products that we’re proud of and now we’re looking for someone with passion and drive to help us shape the future. Does it sound like you?
Working at Voicemod means 🎖️
👥 Putting people first
💪 Being brave
🗽 Showing ownership & accountability
🤝 Being honest & transparent
🎨 Being creative and having fun
🌟 Mastering our craft
About the role 💡
In the Engineering department, we are looking for a Senior Frontend Engineer whose mission will be to generate the HTML/CSS/JS resources for our website and or app.
What you'll do 💼
- Build and develop our desktop web application by creating new features;
- Evolve our application within a modular architecture using latest technologies;
- Join and participate in the end-to-end creation process: since ideation to development of new features;
- Work on complex and greenfield web app projects;
- Implement integrations with third parties from the gaming world such as Twitch.tv or Overwolf;
- Consume APIs and communicate with different backend interfaces;
- Cover your features and its functionalities with testing;
- Highlight main responsibilities/projects.
What you'll need ✅
- Proficient English Level (Minimum B2, Ideal C1+);
- 5+ years working experience as a FrontEnd developer;
- Knowledge of semantic HTML5 and CSS3;
- Experience working with APIs and understanding of HTTP and REST architectures;
- Working experience using design patterns, TDD, BDD, Clean architecture and SOLID principles;
- Working experience and testing skills using Jest, Cypress, Testing Library or similar testing libraries;
- Experience working with consumer digital products and environments with high usage and concurrency;
- Experience using version control tools, git-flow, trunk based development, etc.;
- Willingness to participate and contribute towards decision making in product meetings;
- Passion about user experience and interaction.
Bonus Points 🦄
- Knowledge about how JS libraries work and how to create them;
- Knowledge of module builder tools such as Webpack;
- Experience working with CI/CD pipelines;
- Knowledge or hands-on experience working with Docker or Kubernetes;
- Knowledge of Backend languages and frameworks (e.g. Node.js, .NET, etc);
- Passion for audio, music, recording or sound in any shape or (wave)form.
Research has shown that women are less likely than men to apply for this role if they do not have solid experience in 100% of these areas. Please know that this list is indicative and that we would still love to hear from you even if you feel you only are a 75% match. Skills can be learnt, diversity cannot.
We promote a diverse and inclusive culture at Voicemod.
Hiring process ⚙️
Our interview process takes place on Google Meet and tends to consist of the following stages:
1️⃣ TA Team - Validate details, experience and tell you more about Voicemod (30min).
2️⃣ Hiring Manager - Give you a job overview and go deeper on your professional experience (60min).
3️⃣ Technical Interview - We’ll go deeper on your technical skills in a live coding session (120min).
4️⃣ Final Interview - Last conversation focused on soft skills and ways of working (60min).
Our perks ❤️
⏱ Flexible Working Hours - Adapt your job to your lifestyle. You do you!
🌍 Remote Working - Decide if you want to work from home, from our office in Valencia, or wherever you might be traveling to!
✈️ 26 vacation days - 23 regular days + December 24th & 31st + your birthday off!
🏖️ Extra week off in August - Don't worry about pending stuff, the entire company will be off!
📖 Learning & Development - Enjoy LinkedIn training courses covered by us.
🏥 Wellbeing - Paid sick leave as well as maternity/paternity leave, and healthcare insurance for employees residing in Spain.
💰 Performance Bonus (up to 15%) - On top of a competitive salary package.
🔌 Remote stipend - To compensate for remote working costs.
🧑🏫 Free English or Spanish lessons - From beginner to advanced levels.
🎮 Gamer-oriented environment - Gaming nights are common around here!
What are we doing and how does it look like to work with us? Check out the links below!
YouTube | Careers Page | Glassdoor | Blog | Medium | Twitter | Instagram | LinkedIn | TikTok | Facebook
If you haven't used Voicemod yet, you can download it here!!