Devo, the cloud-native logging and security analytics company, empowers security and operations teams to maximize the value of all their data. Only the Devo platform delivers the powerful combination of real-time visibility, high-performance analytics, scalability, multitenancy, and low TCO crucial for monitoring and securing business operations as enterprises accelerate their shift to the cloud. Headquartered in Cambridge, Mass., Devo is backed by Insight Partners, Georgian, and Bessemer Venture Partners. Learn more at www.devo.com.
Are you an experienced frontend engineer with a good understanding of frontend technologies evolution?
Have a good knowledge of current browser apis, frameworks (specially React) and tooling (specially webpack)?
And above all, are you a creative programmer?
If so, we may be looking for you.
The Architecture & Innovation Team is in charge of leading the evolution of Devo’s architecture, as well as exploring innovative ideas which might benefit the platform, and taking them to production in collaboration with development and operation teams.
At the AIT, we’re looking for someone able to take care of the frontend part of our innovation projects. From full ownership of some projects to prototyping of others and then taking them to production in collaboration with the development team. Nature of projects can vary a lot, from using well known technologies to provide a frontend for projects where innovation is more on the server side, to explore and evaluate new frontend technologies, develop advanced custom components, etc, where innovation is more on the frontend side.
- Take care of fronted-related tasks in our innovation projects. Design, develop & test frontend solutions for us.
- Explore/evaluate/assess new frontend technologies as they come up.
- Explore/evaluate/assess new frontend testing technologies as they come up.
- Develop innovative, special purpose advanced components.
- Work with development teams in order to understand current fronted architecture, and explore ways to improve it.
- Work with development/Q-A teams in order to understand current testing practices, and explore ways to improve automated frontend testing.
- Advocate best practices when it comes to frontend architecture, state management, frontend testing, etc.
- Anything unexpected whis is needed (we’re an innovation team!).
- Good understanding of frontend technologies evolution, at a conceptual level.
- Solid knowledge about web standards and other fronted related technologies (HTML, CSS, Sass, DOM, browser apis, etc.).
- Good knowledge of React.
- Good knowledge of some frontend build tool (preferably webpack).
- Good knowledge of some frontend testing framework.
- Good taste for developing nice/good-looking interfaces.
- Familiarity with usual CI/CD tools (Jenkins, Nexus, Git etc.).
- Good communication skills and capacity to articulate complex problems/procedures in a clear fashion.
- Bachelor’s degree, or equivalent work experience, relevant to Computer Science.
- Minimum of 5 years of frontend development experience.
- Not required, but nice to have:Backend experience.
- Knowledge about other frontend frameworks (Vue, Angular, etc.)
- Knowledge about containers technology (Docker).
Devo does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, national origin, religion, gender, age, veteran status, sexual orientation, marital status or disability (in compliance with the Americans with Disabilities Act) with respect to employment opportunities.
"Devo is committed to creating a welcoming culture that is not only grounded in teamwork and customer success but is fair and equitable for everyone." Marc van Zadelhoff, CEO
At Devo, diversity and inclusion means more than treating employees well and making them feel welcome. It is a commitment to hiring people who bring different insights because of their unique perspectives, ways of thinking, and prior experiences.
We intend to continue hiring great people and protecting our culture so everyone can be themselves and speak their minds. That way Devo will always be a place filled with purpose, energy, hard work, thoughtfulness, and respect.
To All Agencies: Please, no phone calls or emails to any employee of Devo outside of the Talent Acquisition team. Devo's policy is to only accept resumes from agencies via the Devo Agency Portal. Agencies must have a valid fee agreement in place and they must have been assigned the specific requisition to which they submit resumes, by the Talent Acquisition team. Any resume submitted outside of this process will be deemed the sole property of Devo and in the event a candidate is submitted outside of this policy is hired, no fee or payment of any kind will be paid