Senior, Cloud Offensive Security Engineer in Madrid or Remote
Okta is The World’s Identity Company. We free everyone to safely use any technology—anywhere, on any device or app. Our Workforce and Customer Identity Clouds enable secure yet flexible access, authentication, and automation that transforms how people move through the digital world, putting Identity at the heart of business security and growth.
At Okta, we celebrate a variety of perspectives and experiences. We are not looking for someone who checks every single box, we’re looking for lifelong learners and people who can make us better with their unique experiences.
Join our team! We’re building a world where Identity belongs to you.
The Okta Security team’s mission is to strengthen Okta’s position as the leading Identity-as-a-Service solution by identifying and resolving risks to the employees, product, and, most importantly, our customers. With the ever-increasing pace of cloud application adoption, companies are struggling to find ways to assess risk accurately and act at the speed of their business.
Offensive Security Engineers are responsible for attacking the Okta platform, code, vendors, and infrastructure. This position is heavily focused on assessing Okta’s cloud-based infrastructure.
The ideal candidate will be required to demonstrate technical knowledge in network and backend testing methodologies and techniques. A strong background in cloud services and related technologies is required for this position. Experience as a Site Reliability Engineer or similar is a plus. The ideal candidate should be comfortable communicating vulnerabilities to engineers, providing technical leadership, and management through concise documentation of their work.
Most importantly, an innate ability to think and operate like an attacker, combining technical expertise with creativity, will be necessary for success.
What You'll Do
- Perform technical security assessments on Okta’s cloud environment
- Develop security policies and procedures for cloud-based systems and services
- Provide guidance and support to other teams on securing cloud-based systems
- Think like an attacker to solve complex problems with expertise and ingenuity
- Stay up-to-date on current and emerging threats, vulnerabilities, and best practices
- Work solo and collaboratively to deliver projects on time
Your Background and skills
- 2+ years experience manual penetration testing of infrastructure and applications
- 3+ years experience managing/assessing cloud architecture services and configurations
- Experience assessing cloud services (AWS, GCP, etc.) from an attacker perspective
- Experience automating repetitive tasks in detecting and exploiting vulnerabilities
- Experience evaluating modern cloud architecture and design in a security context
- Ability to explain vulnerability risks and remediation options to engineers and developers
Who you are
- You have a growth mindset; You thrive on challenges and see learnings and opportunities, not failures.
- You enjoy working with cross-functional teams and have exceptional stakeholder management skills.
What you can look forward to as an Okta employee!
- Amazing Benefits
- Making Social Impact
- Fostering Diversity, Equity, Inclusion and Belonging at Okta
Okta cultivates a dynamic work environment, providing the best tools, technology and benefits to empower our employees to work productively in a setting that best and uniquely suits their needs. Each organization is unique in the degree of flexibility and mobility in which they work so that all employees are enabled to be their most creative and successful versions of themselves, regardless of where they live. Find your place at Okta today! https://www.okta.com/company/careers/.
Okta is an Equal Opportunity Employer/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, ancestry, marital status, age, physical or mental disability, or status as a protected veteran. We also consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and convictions records, consistent with applicable laws. If reasonable accommodation is needed to participate in the job application or interview process, please use this Form to request an accommodation.
San Francisco, CA, USA
5,000 - 10,000