As Senior Cloud Engineer – AWS you will have the opportunity to be working on the development of a cutting-edge data platform that is core for the company. You will join an agile team, goal oriented, and with other experienced engineers with a variety of skills. Your focus will be the on operations, infrastructure, automation and cloud maintenance, but it’s expected that you learn and contribute to the rest of the needs of the product like frontend or backend development if needed to reach the goals of the product. Our tech stack includes (but is far from limited to):
· Vue.js, Vuex, Vuetify, Figma, Axios, Vuelidate, Cypress, Cucumber
· Docker, Kubernetes, Kafka, Argo, Akka, Spark, Parquet, Flux, Jenkins, Terraform
· AWS (Athena, EKS, Aurora, Glue, IAM, S3 …)
Our way of working is composed of Scrum, Extreme Programming (XP) and Lean Software practices. The cross-functional dev team holds full ownership, from idea to production with a DevOps mindset: you build it you run it.
We’re an agile company, and our IT Culture fosters cross-functional teams (a.k.a Feature Teams) where the focus is on product specialization, and trust is one of our core values.
What you will be responsible for
We’re looking for a person that will help the team with infrastructure management of our big data platform:
- Help your team to manage and maintain our infrastructure in Amazon Web Services
- Help with automation of all software development processes, including the whole infrastructure for the data platform in the cloud
- Help the team to operate our Kubernetes infrastructure and coach them in doing so
- Coach your colleagues on infra and cloud so they also help on these tasks
- Help and learn on the implementation of backend or frontend in a variety of languages
- Support on the development and design of the product
- You build it, you run it, you own it. From development to production.
To work together in an optimal way in this position, we wish your qualifications to include:
- (Preferred) BS/M. Tech in Computer Science or related field
- 6+ years of experience as a software engineer or similar role
- Experience programming in Infrastructure Coding Languages like Go, Python or bash
- High expertise with Amazon Web Services (EKS, Athena, Aurora, IAM, S3, Glue)
- Familiar with Infrastructure as Code tools like and Terraform.
- Familiar with cloud architecture patterns and best practices for designing highly available, scalable and secure systems.
- Experience designing, analyzing, and troubleshooting large-scale distributed systems.
- Excellent communication skills and a sense of ownership, with systematic problem-solving approach
- Fluent English
What we are offering you
Become a part of our success story and seize the opportunity to take on a real challenge in a dynamically growing company where there is huge scope for development and short decision-making processes. We are offering you a versatile, international-facing role in our motivated team with colleagues from all over Europe. Our Spanish office is at a great location in Madrid, with great infrastructure links. Additionally, we offer many competitive benefits such as:
✈ 28 labour days of vacation (plus December 24th and 31st)
⌚ Flexibility first. Enter from 7 am to 10 am and organise yourself.
🏠 Remote working flexibility (up to 60% remote).
🏬 Offices in the city center of Madrid. Modern working spaces with table tennis, foosball, fresh fruit, beverages and company events.
🏥 Private medical healthcare insurance for all our employees.
📖 Continuous development through internal and external training opportunities.
🎤 Participate in the technology community through our meetups and conferences.
✏ English language courses.
💲 Discount in our zooplus shop for all our employees.
🤝 Referral program. You will receive a bonus by helping us finding the best talent.
🌍 We encourage diversity, meet our motivated and friendly teammates from over 50 nationalities.
Number 1 in Europe!
zooplus AG is Europe’s leading online retailer of pet supplies. With over 6,8 million active customers in more than 30 European countries and 1,342 billion Euro revenue in 2018, zooplus is comfortably the market leader in the online segment. At zooplus, we believe e-commerce to be the sales model of today and for the future. E-commerce has become one of the fastest developing areas of business. Modern logistics centers, and the use of and personalization, mean that online sales can be handled with increasing efficiency.
Our employees are the key to our success!
The zooplus team currently consists of 1.100 interdisciplinary specialists and managers from more than 30 countries who work at 13 international sites in the Sales & Marketing, IT, Operations and Administration departments. So we can remain successful against our competitors in the future too, we are looking for individuals who can develop our business and help create a positive corporate culture by not only demonstrating versatile professional and methodological expertise, but also by showing a passion for performance, analysis and a solution-based approach. This includes dealing with rapid changes, intensive networking and an in-depth understanding of technology, the digital market and the business model's value-added chain.
Did we make you curious?
Then send us your application in English via our online application form