As an online gaming company, our software is the heart of our business. We strive to create a safe, engaging and unparalleled player experience.; we research, experiment and iterate. Our mission: to build a product and an organisation that puts the experience first, delivering high-quality products our players love while enabling our people to be productive and creative without unnecessary disturbances.
What you will do
- Build scalable, highly-available, robust systems and ensure their continuous delivery.
- Work on current Product platform built using DDD, CQRS techniques and a microservice architecture.
- Work as part of a cluster and within an Agile cross-functional team made of no more than 10 people.
- Taking full ownership of features and code, from the inception of ideas to deployment, maintenance and keeping it running; i.e. You build it, you ship it, you own it.
- Become a member and owner of our backend engineering culture, learning from other talented people, and sharing your own knowledge.
Examples of projects our teams have worked on:
- Splitting the entire system into small, more cohesive microservices, and evolving the architecture with modern distributed system patterns.
- New integrations with various game providers, sports bets ticket systems, payment providers, regulatory agencies reporting systems, third-party strong authentication mechanisms...
- Awesome new promotional campaign mechanics for players: feeding off our event streams to produce new type of player items, tournaments, raffles, adventure progression and badges
- New tools for our evolving continuous delivery infrastructure for our microservices, including consumer-driven contracts and blackbox dockerized testing
- A plethora of new apps to supporting our expansion into new regulated markets, and evolving regulatory requirements."Responsible-gaming automated analysis and risk scoring services.
- Modern fuzzy text search engines for our customer and back-office products.
- New infrastructure projects to scale our event-based systems and make them more robust.
Who we are looking for
- Someone who possesses demonstrated practical knowledge of Java, Spring Framework, and Spring Boot.
- You have some experience with transaction-heavy, distributed systems, messaging, microservices or tools such as MySQL, RabbitMQ and Kafka.
- Experience in DevOps is nice to have: Docker, Jenkins, AWS and other cloud technologies.
- Feels very comfortable in a Linux environment and working with tools like Git.
- Appreciates the concepts and principles underlying open-source culture and good software development practices.
Engineering at Casumo
At Casumo, we take pride in our Engineering culture and our product quality and quirkiness. We have a modern engineering mindset, we move fast, experiment and apply an automated test approach. We believe every individual’s needs and desires to be unique and let each developer be the main force for creating their best work environment and make an impact. As a backend developer, you will collaborate with an international, distributed and highly skilled team. We highly value team spirit and a respectful environment. A humble and open mindset is essential to reach higher aims.
A few of the cool things we are up to:
- We contribute actively to the global tech community through different initiatives: we contribute to open source; we care about knowledge sharing to leverage the tech knowledge within the tech community. Examples of projects we have contributed to: OpenZipkin, Spring Boot 2, Spring Kafka, Axon Framework, AssertJ and Vavr.. We sponsor & speak at conferences; we believe these events are the perfect environment to share what we do, keep learning and motivate our team members to keep improving; Spring I/O, Buildstuff, Devoxx, JavaOne, JBCNConf, etc.
- Knowledge sharing is part of our DNA and key to our survival. We believe that knowledge preservation and sharing is becoming key to enablement, survival and success. We organise sessions where teams share how they tackle problems and innovative ideas to do things differently.
- Product and coverage expansion are powering healthy growth providing ever more opportunities to learn and develop.
- Making an impact on a daily basis by contributing to building an unparalleled product challenging the status-quo in the gaming space
- Explore, experiment and grow together in a small, highly-skilled, energetic and passionate team.
- Distributed team: work with people sitting all over Europe in different offices and remote locations.
Casumo is the first online adventure-based casino. Our mission is to disrupt the industry by focusing on developing a new betting experience, using gamification and slick UI to provide an unparalleled user experience. We are quite unique in what we do and how we do it and we take pride in our Engineering culture and our Product quality and quirkiness.
Engineering at Casumo
At Casumo, we take pride in our Engineering culture and our Product quality and quirkiness. We have a modern engineering mindset, we move fast, experiment and apply an automated test approach. We believe every individual’s need and desire to be unique and let each developer be the main force for creating their best work environment and make impact. Our engineers collaborate as an international, distributed and highly skilled team. We highly value team spirit and a respectful environment. A humble and open mindset is essential to reach higher aims. We have active contributors to open source (Zipkin, Springboot, Axon framework); we care about knowledge sharing internally and externally, and we mean it. This is why we run internal Tech events and trainings - the latest being Axon - and encourage our staff to attend and/or speak to conferences. The sumos are making real impact by working on an unparalleled product. We explore, experiment and grow together in a small, highly-skilled, energetic and passionate team
What are we currently up to
- Development of new greenfield products using modern technologies
- Creating beautiful UI interactions driven by gestures
- Splitting the entire system into small, more cohesive subsystems and microservices
- New integrations with various game suppliers and payment providers.
Our tech stack:
- Backend side:
Java Microservices, EventSourcing, CQRS, DDD, messaging (RabbitMQ & Kafka) and Axon. Java frameworks: Spring Boot, Spring, Hibernate. Devops: Docker, Jenkins, AWS, cloud
- Frontend side:
KnockOutJS, Durandel, ReactJS, React Native, VueJS.
Check our current positions at casumo careers