Liferay is looking for a Senior Backend Engineer based in Spain to join its international Tango Team. This is a senior position in a team focused on delivering intelligence-based features and it requires technical leadership.
By building a vibrant business, making technology useful, and investing in communities, we make it possible for people to reach their full potential to serve others.
We are a diverse, multicultural and open source software company with employees all over the world. Our flagship product is Liferay Digital Experience Platform, which companies like HP, Barclays, and Coach use to build great web experiences for their customers and employees.
To fulfill our mission, our core values guide us in our greater-than-profit vision beyond building great web experiences for our enterprise customers
- Lead by Serving
- Value People
- Stay Nerdy
- Grow and Get Better
- Produce Excellence
As an example, we give employees 5 paid days off to volunteer at charities they’re excited about and we donate a portion of our profits to various charities around the world each year.
What to expect from this position
After the initial onboarding process, you will work within our team to develop and evolve Intelligence-based features in Liferay Portal / DXP. These features allow dividing your audience to provide users and site visitors with the best possible experience, driving campaigns and maximizing content engagement, with tasks such as:
- Working in intelligence-based features such as A/B testing, audience segmentation, and page personalization using technologies like OSGi and standards like OData Queries or OpenAPI.
- Designing and implementing beautiful and maintainable APIs.
- Creating clients that call third party services as SemRush or Google Page Speed.
- Working closely with Product management, UX designers, frontend engineers and QA engineers to deliver the vision of the company.
- Focusing on the scalability, quality and performance of the developed solutions.
- Mentor and guide other Engineers in their path to technical growth and excellence. Review code from team members and other colleagues alike and help them deliver with quality.
- Writing and updating technical documentation, resources and blog posts.
- Use Git and Github on a daily basis: branches, merges, rebases, pull-requests, etc.
What we expect from you
- Strong knowledge and experience developing with Java
- You have previously developed complex backend components and applications
- You have experience with software engineering best practices: simplicity, testing, coherence, reviews, estimation.
- You possess a broad understanding of common Computer Science concepts (algorithms, data structures, performance…)
- Liferay’s servant leadership mentality resonates with you as you enjoy sharing ideas and tools, and helping mentor other people
Ideally you would also have
- Experience using TDD on a daily basis.
- You have coordinated medium-sized groups of developers, helped them identify dependencies and mentored them to grow and solve difficult technical challenges.
What we offer
- Competitive salary in the range of €40k - €52k annually
- 2 additional perks from of your own choice from these 2 groups:
- Health Care Plan, Transport Card, Office Parking Space
- Food Card, Kindergarten Assistance, Gym Membership
- English lessons (2 hours/week)
- Remote-friendly environment
- Continuous learning and training: internal and external courses, a technical library, participation in national and international conferences, etc.
- International, multicultural and diverse environment focused on our people
- Working at a leading open source company with an amazing community
- Employee Volunteer Program, including:
- 5 days/year in our Employee Volunteer Program to devote to the charity of your choice
- 500€/year to donate to the charity of your choice
Equal Opportunities Employer - Statement
Liferay is committed to the equal treatment of all candidates, customers and employees and to fostering a culture of dignity at work. Our operating procedure provides for equal opportunities in recruitment and employment with the aim to eliminate discrimination against any job applicant or employee on the basis of race, age, sexual orientation, gender, religion or beliefs, marital or civil partnerships status, family or dependency status, disability, pregnancy and maternity or membership of a traveling community.