Senior Back-end Developer in Barcelona
After 11 years in the gaming industry, Tangelo Games is today a leading publisher and developer of social and casual videogames on a mission to make people’s lives better worldwide by connecting them through playing. And, thanks to our wide-ranging portfolio, the fun never stops with free to play traditional and board games on our multiplayer gaming community 'Mundigames', and with our innovative cross-genre game, 'Monster Tales', blending RPG and Match 3.
But life at Tangelo is more than games! Since it was born in 2011, Tangelo has grown to be a solid company but has kept the agility, soul, and passion of a start-up while boosting a strong corporate culture based on community, commitment, challenge, and pragmatism. Always playing as A-team.
And that's where you come in. As our next Senior Backend Developer, you will be focused on developing, operating, maintaining and monitoring the production services for our games.
- Work in a cross-functional team with developers and other experts on achieving shared goals.
- Design, implement and maintain highly available architectures to better support our user base.
- Write clean code, do code reviews and take care about the overall quality of the services
- Help maintaining the infrastructure with instrumentation, monitoring, logging, and continuous delivery pipelines
- Be involved in determining the feasibility of features, with respect to time and cost and be integrated into business decisions as part of our development strategy.
- Support other team members in their work and share your knowledge and experience with the team.
- Conduct researches to find technological solutions to product and business challenges.
What we are looking for:
- At least between 3 to 5 years of working experience as a backend developer.
- You have mastered one of the following programming languages: Golang, Elixir, Rust.
- A clean coder who cares about code maintainability and follows/proposes best practices.
- Experience designing and implementing fault-tolerant services with multiple parts and technologies.
- Experience with application scalability, performance, and reliability.
- Solid understanding of cloud technologies, specifically, but not limited to, AWS.
- Understanding of instrumentation and monitoring technologies and techniques and (e.g. DataDog, Prometheus, etc.).
- You have worked with different database technologies, caching solutions, and queue technologies.
- Eagerness to help a thriving business grow.
- Willingness to share knowledge, teach and learn.
- Take the initiative and have a high level of ownership.
- Quick learner - Passionate, curious and inquisitive about technology.
- Good organizational skills.
- Results oriented.
- Fluent level of English and Spanish.
- Flexible working hours
- Remote work friendly
- Multicultural, friendly and talented team. Play with the best!
- Training Program Budget. Keep learning!
- Employee Referral Program Bonus
- Optional Ticket Restaurant or Health Insurance Plan
- Flexible compensation plan
- Paid leave on your birthday. Celebrate wherever you want!
- Team-building events
- Fully equipped HQ with beer tap, ping pong, boxing set and much more!
- E-Scooter & Bike parking and shower facilities in the building
About Tangelo Games