This is us in a nutshell:
- We are singularly focused on providing all the tools and building blocks our customers need to deliver outstanding online shopping experiences and innovation across all digital touchpoints.
- In 2013 we introduced a modular, API-first cloud-native commerce platform, pioneering the headless commerce space and enabling us to build the foundation to change our whole industry for the better and re-invent ecommerce.
- Our international expansion has reached Europe, the US and Asia Pacific. In September 2021, we announced our $140m series C funding round led by global tech investor Accel, alongside existing investors Insight Partners and REWE Group, which has accelerated our global growth and elevated us to unicorn status. We are now valued at $1.9bn, named a Leader in the 2021 Gartner® Magic Quadrant™ for Digital Commerce for the second year in a row.
Would you like to work with enthusiastic and experienced Software Engineers in a remote, agile and international environment with a modern tech-stack (#Kubernetes, #GraphQL, #Scala)? Do you love solving complex problems and you enjoy infrastructure work as much as coding? Do you work with passion, love clean code and like to understand the big picture? Sounds like commercetools is the perfect match: modern eCommerce solutions, built for high availability!
Please note that for this role, we can currently offer full-remote work for candidates based in the European Union and the United Kingdom.
- Design and implement the Search API for product and category discovery as part of our PaaS eCommerce backend in Scala
- Develop search-related libraries based on ElasticSearch and MongoDB
- Run and maintain a scalable search “Infrastructure as Code”
- Design and develop a scalable and multi-tenant architecture
- Be involved in product discovery and discuss technical approaches
- Take responsibility for high software quality based on good test coverage, code reviews, and performance and load testing
- Have a direct impact on upcoming topics through close collaboration and giving feedback early – we are confident working on the right thing and we own it
- Thrive in a distributed team with flexible work hours, we trust each other to do the best work
- Spend regular tech-days on personal growth and learning and share your knowledge with the team
- Take part in on-call rotation (with the worldwide distributed team) for production systems
What you need to succeed:
- At least 2 years experience as Software Engineer working with Scala
- Strong DevOps mindset as you will drive lots of infrastructure improvements
- Search-related experience is a plus (preferably ElasticSearch)
- Interest in functional programming and practical work experience with Scala and in developing server-side systems using the JVM
- Solid understanding of parallel and asynchronous programming as well as non-blocking I/O
- Experience in developing REST APIs and knowledge of scalable architectures (incl. sharding, replication, load balancing, and failover)
- Fluent English for work in international teams
- Aspiration to constantly improve yourself and learn new technologies, concepts, etc.
Tech at commercetools:
We Are Open Source And Innovative By Design
🚀 We make rapid progress by being early adopters of React, Scala, and GraphQL
⚙️ We <3 Automation and Machine Learning
We care about your Growth and Well-being
☀️ Remote Work: Up to 60 days/year from a country different from your base country
💻 Open Learning & Development Budget
📚 ct Academy: Regular internal training sessions
⌚️ Flexibility: Morning person or night owl? We believe in outcome and motivated employees
🚀 Mindset & Growth: A diverse, creative workspace with an international culture & learning environment
Are you ready? Come grow with us!
We are all different and that is what makes us stronger! We hire great people from a wide variety of backgrounds, not just because it’s the right thing to do, but because it makes our company better.
commercetools celebrates being a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunities employer. If your professional profile aligns with our specific hiring requirements and company culture, then we encourage you to apply. We will assess your competencies, future potential, approach to learning and self-development and passion, and not your age, color, national origin, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, familial status, genetics, or disability.
200 - 500
commercetools has offices across the US, Europe, and Asia Pacific, with headquarters in Germany. Since its founding in 2006, commercetools software has been implemented by Fortune 500 companies across industries, from retail to manufacturing and from telecommunications to fashion.