FilledThis offer is not available anymore
Senior QA Analyst in Barcelona
Want to make an impact? Join our pack and come work (and play!) with us.
We believe everyone deserves the unconditional love of a pet—and at Rover, our mission is to make it easier to experience that love. Founded in 2011, the Rover app and website connect dog and cat parents with loving pet sitters and dog walkers in neighborhoods across the US, Canada, and Europe. We empower our community of trusted pet sitters and dog walkers to run their own pet care businesses on Rover with the tools and security of a global company to back them.
Headquartered in Seattle, Washington, we work closely with our teams in Barcelona, London, San Antonio, Spokane and remote locations. We’ve got a reputation for being a great place to work, having been named among the 100 Best Companies to Work For in Seattle Business Magazine and Washington’s Best Workplaces in the Puget Sound Business Journal. We're an agile, fast-growing company, and our leadership comes from some of the world's most respected tech companies.
At Rover, our furry coworkers are just as important as our human ones—and we wouldn’t have it any other way. Along with making the joys of pet parenthood more accessible, we’re committed to fostering a diverse, inclusive, and welcoming community of pet people—and that starts with our employees.
Who we're looking for:
We're seeking an experienced testing leader to help shape Rover's overall testing strategy.
The ideal candidate is detail-oriented and is able to understand business objectives, and product requirements, and engage in high-level conversations about our testing infrastructure. From this understanding, our ideal candidate will be able to lead well-reasoned and data-driven initiatives to drive our product quality and overall developer productivity to be even better.
- Lead the pre-release testing process for Rover's iOS and Android apps
- Improve the Mobile Release process
- Work closely with our external QA team to prioritise their work
- Establish and track a baseline set of quality assurance metrics to help inform our long and short-term goals
- Act as leadership for Rover's overall quality and testing strategies, including ownership of acceptance criteria and test plans
- Work closely with our Support Engineering team on our bug backlog and prioritisation system
- 5+ years of experience in software testing
- Experience in SQL
- Experience leading the QA process and building consensus across an engineering organization
- Comfortable working in a fully CI/CD development environment, where developers ship new features all day every day
- Django/Python Unit Tests
- Buildkite (CI/CD)
- XCTest for iOS
- JUnit, Roboelectric, and Espresso for Android
Benefits of Working at Rover.com:
- Competitive compensation
- Permanent contract
- Stock options
- Private health insurance
- Gym allowance
- Bring your dog to work (and unlimited puppy time)
- Monetary help for adopting a dog plus yearly credit to use on our platform
- Flexible work hours, sometimes you’ll need to be in at certain times, but on the whole, we’re pretty flexible when it comes to managing workload and time
- Grab snacks, fresh fruit, in our kitchen to keep yourself going
- Free company lunch every other Thursday
- Regular team activities, including happy hours, game nights, and more (slowly bringing these back after COVID-19)
Due to COVID-19, Rover Employees are not required to be in office until Q1 2023 at the earliest.
Please submit your CV in English.
Rover is an equal opportunity employer committed to promoting a diverse, inclusive and inventive environment with the best employees. We’re driven by seeing our people succeed and grow, and we work to ensure everyone contributes to their fullest potential. We consider all qualified applicants without regard to age, race, color, ancestry, national origin, religion, disability, protected veteran status, sex, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, or any other protected status in accordance with applicable laws, regulations and ordinances.
We are committed to work with you to look for reasonable accommodation to participate in the job application or interview process, to perform essential job functions, and to receive other benefits and privileges of employment. Please contact us to request accommodation.
Seattle, WA, USA