Python Back-end Engineer in Madrid or Remote
WHAT IS SEEDTAG
At Seedtag we change the advertising industry by offering the best contextual solution. An amazing non-intrusive product that makes use of our Natural Language Processing and Computer vision proprietary software in order to understand the content of the web. At Seedtag, we find the best context for each ad while protecting the advertiser from showing ads on unsafe pages.
If you are interested in joining one of the fastest-growing startups in Europe and working on massive scalability challenges, this is the place for you.
2014 · Founded by two ex-Googlers
2018 · 16M total turnover & Internationalization & Getting growth
2021 · Fundraising round of 40M€ & +10 countries & +230 Seedtaggers
2022 · Fundraising round of 250M€. Acquisition of KMTX for expanding Seedtag’s performance solution. More than 200k API requests per second and 3 million messages per second in our Kafka cluster
- 175TB of events ingested daily by our system
- +400 Seedtaggers
We have to support 120k requests per second running with ML models in production answering within 10 milliseconds ! We have this running in production with Python and GoLang microservices using datalakes, S3, Redis, Kinesis or Kafka. All this is constantly deployed in AWS using Kubernetes and other kinds of production stacks. The current stack outputs 20 TB of daily data having them ready to use for analytics and more with easy and low latency access.
In the rest of the company, we also develop in Typescript for Nodejs and Scala making use of technologies like Kafka, Druid and MongoDB all over Google Cloud Platform.
- Being responsible for moving to the next level and scaling part of the Performance microservices written in Python
- Getting some microservices ready to be multi-datacenter in AWS
- Thinking always at scale. What happens if the amount of registers in a PosgreSQL multiplies by 10? What happens if we have to manage x10 campaigns? How do we keep the response time under 10ms all the time.
- Reworking the current architecture of some services to fit current / future needs
- Writing clean scalable code and test and deploy applications and systems
- Being open to work in other programming languages or technologies of the squad
WHAT ARE WE LOOKING FOR
We are looking for someone who has at least these skills:
- Proficiency in Python
- You have experience into reworking architectures or refactoring mid/big projects
- DevOps mindset: The cloud is something you are usually involved and you like to handle Kubernetes deployments or lambda functions.
- You have experience in GCP, AWS or Azure
- You have worked into scale problems
- Proactive, with strong problem-solving skills, a team player, and fun to work with.
- You have a strong desire for self-improvement through side projects and sharing
- You’re obsessed not only with technology but with crafting amazing technology to substantially impact the business
It’s even better if you have some of these:
- You have developed in GoLang
- You have worked with Pandas or other Data tools
- You have developed in Node.js
- You have specialized into AWS
WHAT DO WE OFFER
- 🚀 Key moment to join Seedtag in terms of growth and opportunities
- 💼 Career ladder plan for your professional growth
- 💸 High-performance tier salary bands excellent compensation
- 💯 One Seedtag: Work for a month from any of our open offices with paid travel and accommodation if you’re a top performer (think of Brazil, Mexico..., 🏖️)
- 🏉 Fully remote team with paid travels to our HQ in Madrid to work p2p with your squad members
- 💻 Macbook Pro M2
- 🏠 Build your home office with a budget of up to 1K€ (external screen, chair, table...)
- ⌛ Flexible schedule to balance work and personal life
- ⛰️ An unlimited remote working environment, where you can choose to work from home indefinitely or attend our Madrid headquarters whenever you want, where you will find a great workplace location with food, snacks, great coffee, and much more.
- 🎗️ A harassment-free, supportive and safe environment to ensure the healthiest and friendliest professional experience fostering diversity at all levels.
- 🇬🇧 🇪🇸 Optional company-paid English and/or Spanish courses.
- 📚 Access to learning opportunities (learning & development budget)
- 🍻 We love what we do, but we also love having fun. We have many team activities you can join and enjoy with your colleagues! A Yearly offsite with all the company, team offsites, and Christmas events...
- 🍽️🚘 Access to a flexible benefits plan with restaurant, transportation, and kindergarten tickets and discounts on medical insurance
Want to be a Seedtagger? Then send us your CV, we are waiting for it!