Product Designer, WhatsApp in Madrid
Design at Meta is pioneering technologies to bring people closer together, and our teams share in the responsibility of doing it at global scale. Our teams design and build Meta technologies—Facebook, Instagram, Messenger, WhatsApp, Workplace, Novi, Portal and Meta Quest—for billions of people around the world. WhatsApp is a fast, simple and reliable way to talk to anyone in the world. More than 2 billion people in over 180 countries use WhatsApp to stay in touch with friends and family, anytime and anywhere. WhatsApp is not only free but also available on multiple mobile devices and in low connectivity areas — making it accessible and reliable wherever you are. It's a simple and secure way to share your favorite moments, send important information or catch up with a friend. WhatsApp helps people connect and share no matter where they are in the world. As a Product Designer, you will be involved in every aspect of the product development process, from brainstorming the next product innovation to tweaking pixels right before launch. You will use your start-up mindset and your full range of product design, interaction design, visual design, and prototyping skills to produce elegantly simple designs. You'll be expected to push the boundaries of what's possible in a mobile app, while sharing in our healthy obsession for quality. Product Designers help creatively solve big, complicated, real-world problems. We utilize a full range of product design skills to contribute to high-level strategic decisions with the rest of the product and executive teams. Join a diverse group of thinkers and do some of the most meaningful work of your career.
Product Designer, WhatsApp Responsibilities
- Work independently to complete projects at the level of whole features within a well scoped domain.
- Design flows and experiences that are incredibly simple and elegant for our supported platforms
- Design new experiences or layouts that evolve or define visual systems
- Give and solicit feedback from other designers in order to continually raise our bar for quality
- Partner with product managers, engineers, UX researchers and content strategists to iterate and oversee the user experience of a product from conception until launch
- Experience building and shipping applications or software at the level of whole features/products that encompass an end-to-end experience within a well-scoped domain.
- Interaction design experience with ability to define how an experience should behave based on understanding people's needs. Able to demonstrate use of appropriate prototyping tools to show how a particular flow or interaction will work.
- Visual design experience with proficiency in typography, desktop/mobile UI, color, layout, iconography and aesthetic sense.
- Experience in strategic product thinking with the ability to understand product goals, identify opportunities, and make decisions based on the impact to people and the company.
- Able to clearly and succinctly articulate the goals of your team.
- Ability to showcase your end to end design process across multiple projects, that include interaction and visual design artifacts and high-fidelity prototypes.
- Ability to connect your work with other related initiatives across the company.
- Familiarity with WhatsApp product, passion for the messaging space and designing for global audiences.
- Ability to adapt your designs across platforms and form factors, and understanding of the opportunities and limitations involved.
- Experience in motion design.
Menlo Park, CA, USA