Product Design Lead in Madrid
eDreams ODIGEO, the world’s largest online travel company in the flights sector and the largest publicly traded European e-commerce company by profitability, with more than 17 million customers in 45 countries worldwide. With five well-known brands; Opodo, GO Voyages, eDreams, Travellink and Liligo, the company offers the best deals on regular flights, charters, low-cost airlines, hotels, cruises, car rentals, holiday packages and travel insurance to its clients.
Our Product Design team is one of the largest in Spain, and we’re continuing to grow with a multi-disciplined team of Product Designers and UX Engineers. We have moved to a newly refurbished office that’s centrally located in Barcelona. We have a UX lab that supports our ability to apply a customer focused and data-oriented approach to our overall process. We’re a fun-loving Product Design team who’s passionate about many things, including learning, sharing knowledge, innovation, and best-in-class user experience.
We conceptualise and design the experience of our digital products and evolve our product strategy by having a customer and data centric approach. Our Product Designers work embedded in multiple product teams, working closely with Product Owners UX Researchers and Developers.
The Product Design Lead manages, leads and mentors a team of Product Designers in one of our 5 product areas. The Product Design Lead has direct responsibilities for the coordination and performance of the team they lead while also supporting the definition and progress of the overall strategy of the entire Product Design team. The leads collaboratively help drive the leadership of the larger Product Design team by defining and tracking activities and progress of the Product Design roadmap.
- Lead and inspire your designers to deliver high-quality, highly effective and innovative solutions in order to increase business and customer satisfaction
- Design engaging, easy-to-use, app, mobile web and desktop design solutions that address business and user needs with big focus on applying best-in-class retail techniques.
- Put into practice best-in-class e-commerce retail techniques
- You’ll be working hands-on on the most strategic projects of the company.
- Communicate your work and your team’s work to stakeholders; from fellow designers to executives.
- Collaborate with key business and technology stakeholders to ensure customer-centricity is at the heart of the products we deliver while we balance business needs and technological challenges.
- Support the definition and execution of your product area’s strategy by collaborating with the Director of Product Design and the different product teams.
- Optimize lean Product Design processes to improve quality, innovation, speed of learning and delivery.
- Support the definition and delivery of the short and long-term vision, mission and strategy for the Product Design team.
- Contribute to the definition and evolution of design methods, tools and processes within the Product Design team.
- Ensure that all design solutions maintain a cohesive user interface and experience across all devices, following our design system.
- Coach and mentor; you’ll challenge, grow and mentor designers, and contribute to fostering a collaborative team spirit.
- Minimum 8+ years of professional Product Design experience as a key member of a Product Design team participating in the product development lifecycle of several successfully delivered app, web, mobile and/or software applications.
- Bachelor’s degree in design, related field, or equivalent professional experience
- Understanding of complex e-commerce businesses, preferably with travel industry experience
- Vast experience in applying best-in-class retailing techniques that lead to an increase in product conversion
- Preferred experience in the travel industry
- Demonstrated experience coaching and mentoring Product Designers
- Demonstrated experience using data to inform design decisions
- Experience hands-on in Product Design and research.
- Experience in A/B Testing.
- Excellent communication and presentation skills.
- English speaker with good written, verbal, and presentation abilities.
- Team player with a positive attitude.
- Experience working in an agile environment.
What do we offer:
- We support a phenomenal lifestyle and work-life-balance with our flexible hours and flexible remote work policy.
- A free eDreams Prime subscription to benefit from significant discounts on your travels,
- Competitive compensation package with an attractive bonus structure,
- Excellent environment for continuous growth and learning: with our Learning & Development programs, you will have access to tech talks, internal soft skills and technical skills training, language lessons, external events and industry conferences,
- Free subscription to O’Reilly Online Learning,
- Fast-track career development: with our unique programs, you are always working towards the next step on your career path,
- We also have for you a Ticket Restaurant benefit & unlimited beverages and coffee for free at the office (with many types of milk alternatives) because we like our eDOers happy and healthy
- A phenomenal lifestyle and work-life-balance,
- New to the city? We also offer great relocation packages,
- Additional prizes and awards for a variety of team and individual achievements,
- Fun at work: at eDreams ODIGEO, work and fun go hand in hand!
… And the opportunity to work on a dynamic, dedicated, fun and passionate team of professionals. We journey together!
Come dream with us and join us now!
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status or disability status.
About eDreams ODIGEO