Principal Software Engineer - Java in Valencia or Remote
We can offer you a permanent employment contract in the following countries: Austria, Estonia, France, Germany, Hungary, Italy, Netherlands, Poland, Slovakia, Spain, Switzerland and UK.
If that's not suitable for you, check here for our freelance position.
As a Principal Software Engineer at Unite, you will be part of a remote and global team that is already living tomorrow's working world today.
- Together with your Scrum team, you create cloud native applications, based on decoupled business components with micro services and are responsible for the highly available and scalable operability of them.
- You influence architecture and design discussions across teams while taking operational aspects from the outset into account.
- You exchange ideas and concepts about cloud-based applications with other teams.
- You should be also prepared to develop mostly in a Java environment, but also be ready to use new languages and systems.
- Last but not least: You coach our software engineers through pair programming etc. and continuously develop an active learning culture.
- You have already written excellent software and understand your work from design to excellent code in depth, which is permanently maintainable.
- You have outstanding skills in domain modeling, API design and the use of adequate persistence mechanisms.
- You are familiar with microservice architectures and can operate them scalably in the cloud.
- You have practical experience with the development of distributed, highly scalable systems and the development of REST-APIs or event-based interfaces.
- You understand complex technical contexts and can translate them into technically driven code.
What you can expect from us
- An exciting, fast-paced job at Europe’s trusted B2B platform, where we connect the economy for sustainable business
- An agile technology company with flat hierarchies and open communication, where you can learn from others and contribute your expertise
- A fair and open corporate culture, with experienced, engaged managers and friendly, helpful colleagues
- A flexible and forward-thinking approach, including remote working and personal autonomy
- Opportunities to develop your skills, build a career and grow within the company – we encourage you to spend 10% of your time on professional development
- An organisation that supports your personal goals, commitments and responsibilities
What your future colleagues say
We are Unite.At Unite we connect the economy for sustainable business. Our pioneering B2B platform brings buyers and sellers together for mutual benefit. We offer digital solutions that enable effortless sourcing, buying and selling, transacting, and collaborating. We transform B2B commerce and strengthen local economies – by adding and sharing value. Built on Mercateo’s prominent spot-buying expertise and history, which began in 2000, we’ve got strong foundations: fair competition, trusted partnerships and European data sovereignty. “For better business and a better world.”
Would you like to become a part of Unite?
Our headquarters are located in Leipzig, Germany. We are active in 15 European countries. More than 700 people work for Unite – both at its physical Unite offices and remotely. In 2021, Unite achieved a turnover of €406m. For more information, explore our Newsroom.
500 - 1,000