ML Project Manager in Barcelona
There are more than 300 million reasons to join Brainly — one for every student you’ll help go from questioning to understanding. Team up with us as we build and continue improving one of the most popular ed-tech products on the planet. In a world of questions and uncertainty, you can be part of the answer as we shape the future of learning and change lives, one student at a time. If this excites you, you know what to do next.
Let’s get to know each other. And get ready to make a difference!
Brainly’s knowledge base consists of hundreds of millions of Q&A contents in more than 12 languages and covering a broad spectrum of educational subjects at different grades. The AI Services department represents a major investment toward the vision of implementing a Personalized Answer platform. The platform will enable every student to receive tailored answers to their immediate educational needs as well as personalized learning paths reflecting the curriculum of their local education system.
Our AI teams provide ML as a Service in the form of real-time APIs, offline predictions, and domain expertise. Our models and algorithms can classify, and infer latent attributes, for the different entities in our platform that are further consumed by our production teams in order to build AI-driven product features.
WHAT YOU’LL DO
As Deliver Manager, you will play a key role in making the AI/ML technology department a scalable and high-performing organization.
- You will lead teams of world-class engineers and data scientists driving the machine learning capabilities of their respective technology domains.
- You will be responsible for enabling the team to be self-governing in performing and delivering value in their area of ownership.
- You will act as coordinator and frequently consult with the Director of AI, the Project/Tech Leads, and the rest of the team to make decisions.
- You will own, and be accountable for, the logistics, organizational choices, and management of the team to enable it to be high-performing and meet/exceed stakeholders expectations.
- You will supervise the Project/Tech Leads, reporting to you, and correct their execution or seek external consulting, if needed.
The ideal candidate is an enthusiast of educational technologies with an engineering background and a blend of people management, project management, and machine learning skill set.
WHAT MAKES YOU THE PERFECT CANDIDATE
- 4+ years of experience in teams developing software, data science, machine learning, or data analytics.
- 2+ years of experience leading cross-functional teams with a focus on research and development of technology solutions.
- 2+ years of experience with agile development either as product manager, product owner, or scrum master.
- Previous experience in building relationships within the organization in order to fully understand the stakeholder needs and how to make them understand capabilities created by the team.
- Previous experience with hiring and performance management.
- Ability to convey complex messages (or data insights) with the most efficient and intuitive storytelling.
- Ability to break research down into clearly defined tasks and quick iterations.
- Ability to build contingency plans and handle stressful situations with professionalism.
- Strong negotiation and presentation skills.
- Ability to manage emotions, empathize, and the social skills required to influence others.
- Strong knowledge of Agile Development and Lean methodology and tools.
- Analytical and problem-solving skills.
- Strong personal ownership and ability to set and meet high professional standards.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills in English.
WHAT WILL BLOW OUR MINDS
- A track record of attracting and retaining world-class talents – you can demonstrate that you are someone with whom scientists or engineers want to work as a proven manager.
- Experience with NLP, Computer Vision, or other machine learning projects.
- A theoretical background that is sufficient to understand and communicate high-level on at least a few technical topics among binary classifiers, regression models, text analytics, representation learning (embeddings), computer vision, and general machine learning evaluation methods.
- Some knowledge or high-level understanding of technologies used in the ML lifecycle such as pandas, Jupyter, Spark, Docker, Kubernetes, SQL, key-value stores, AWS SageMaker, Tensorflow, PyTorch, scikit-learn, or similar frameworks.
WHAT YOU GET BY JOINING BRAINLY
- We want to see you grow along with us – you will have 800$ per year for personal development, extra time for attending conferences and workshops, and unlimited access to an online learning platform (courses from Coursera, Udacity, Udemy, Harvard ManageMentor, and many others!)
- Health is important, which is why at Brainly, we fully cover private health & dental care packages for you and your family and provide you with a sport card (Multisport Plus in Poland, Andjoy in Spain)
- You will also get an access to online individual psychological consultations with professionals in English & Polish via the Mental Health Helpline
- Flexible working hours – working requires communication, so we work within the European business hours, but we also know that life may be unpredictable, so if you need to jump out of work (doctor’s appointment, emergency, anything) – no problem!
- Your personal concierge AskHenry will support you in your daily duties, eg. planning your dream vacation
- You can join internal communities and contribute to charity, diversity and inclusion initiatives, take part in great internal events or represent Brainly at conferences or meet-ups.
WHAT IS BRAINLY
Brainly is the online learning platform where over 300 million students and parents go from questioning to understanding. With their smartphones, users can snap a photo to instantly solve any problem or homework question and be matched with a Brainly product such as Community Q&A, Brainly Tutor, Math Solver or Textbook Detective.
Brainly is built to provide students, parents, experts, and teachers with a collaborative platform and tools needed to succeed in any educational environment. Based in Kraków, Poland, with U.S. headquarters in New York City, Brainly apps and websites are visited by users from over 35 countries.
Backed by Prosus, Point Nine Capital, General Catalyst, Runa Capital, Learn Capital and Kulczyk Investments. Learn more about Brainly at www.brainly.com.
By sending us your application you agree that Brainly sp. z o.o. will process your personal data to participate in this recruitment process. If you want to know more about how Brainly processes your personal data please click here.