Affirm is reinventing credit to make it more honest and friendly, giving consumers the flexibility to buy now and pay later without any hidden fees or compounding interest. Affirm, Inc. proudly includes Affirm, PayBright, and Returnly.
As a Looker Developer, you will build data-driven products and services, such as client-facing analytics insights and personalized experiences. You will design, implement and maintain Looker models, reports and dashboards. This is a cross-functional role in which you will work closely with engineers, analysts and product managers.
What you'll do
- Work with Product and Engineering teams to identify the best technical solution for a given scenario in Looker
- Translate business requirements to actionable Looker development tasks
- Design and develop LookML models, Explores, dashboards and reports in Looker
- Utilize established processes and best practices in designing and implementing solutions
- Help create and maintain coding standards and style guides for LookML development; perform code reviews
- Write SQL, build derived aggregation tables, and work with Analytics Engineering to ensure queries are performant and maintainable
What we look for
- 2+ years of Looker experience
- Familiarity with LookML and Looker visualizations
- Fluent in SQL, experience with relational and dimensional data modeling a plus. proficiency with Kimball design principles a big plus
- Strong communication skills, confidently representing your expertise to peers and stakeholders across the organization
- Self-motivated, working independently, intrinsic learner
- Command of the English language, both written and spoken
- Looker LookML Developer certification a big plus
What We Offer
- Medical insurance for the whole family including dental coverage
- €340 monthly expenses for gym, lifestyle, etc.
- 23 standard PTO (Paid Time Off) days, plus up to 2 days from the benefits (to be used on special dates)
- An apple laptop and whatever you need to do your job comfortably and productively.
- We do performance and compensation reviews, and we will try to help you become your better self, be it via mentoring, training, feedback or the possibility to dab on fields where you are not yet an expert.
- We have a very flexible approach to working hours. You can stop to go to the gym, get your little ones to or from school, meditate or do whatever you need or want. There is a need for a certain amount of overlap with Pacific Coast working hours needed for meetings and collaboration that does not fit into asynchronous communications, however, we try to prioritize those, and your main collaborators are based in Spain.
Location - 100& Remote Spain
Affirm is proud to be a remote-first company! We are currently building operations in Spain. All of our roles are 100% remote.If you got this far, we hope you're feeling excited about this role. Even if you don't feel you meet every single requirement, we still encourage you to apply. We're eager to meet people who believe in Affirm's mission and can contribute to our team in a variety of ways—not just candidates who check all the boxes.
At Affirm, People Come First is one of our core values, and that’s why diversity and inclusion are vital to our priorities as an equal opportunity employer. You can read about our D&I program here and our progress thus far in our 2020 DEI Report.
We also believe It’s On Us to provide an inclusive interview experience for all, including people with disabilities. We are happy to provide reasonable accommodations to candidates in need of individualized support during the hiring process.
San Francisco, CA, USA
1,000 - 5,000
At Affirm, we’re using today’s technology to bring significant disruptive innovation to the financial industry. We focus on improving the lives of consumers by delivering simple, honest and transparent financial products.