Intelygenz is a software development company, which founding partners are vocational developers. Our mission is to help customers and partners by translating the latest technology trends into business opportunities. We have helped more than 100 companies to develop and start their products, and we work and partner with industry leaders.
We know our success is in our people and in the high-quality of our code that we develop from Madrid and San Francisco.
Who would not love finishing a daily and going straight to a Nerf® battle? Or have a meeting in Mordor? Or to participate in a paella contest, canyoning or going to an event in Polonia?
At Intelygenz you will find a place to grow and learn in an international environment, surrounded by all the coffee (tea or cocoa) that you want! We even design our own t-shirt, one for every anniversary.
This position is Temporarily Remote during the Covid-19 outbreak. Once it gets back to normal you will you will still have the option to work from home 3 days per week.
Our tech team is growing and we’re looking for Java Tech Leads to participate in challenging projects, learn in a friendly, collaborative environment, and help us take innovation to the next level.
We are totally committed to microservices architecture embracing Clean Code, ATDD, HonestCode, and Cloud Computing, all of this in an agile environment and a DevOps culture.
During the interview process, you will discuss:
- Example of a distributed system to discuss some of the below topics:
- CAP Theorem, EDAs, Scaling & Concurrency, Infrastructure and Deployment
- Drawing some diagrams of a microservice to talk about:
- SOLID, Layered architecture, Hexagonal/Clean architecture, Integrations, DDD and API design
- Continuous Integration - Git
- Continuous Delivery - Pipelines & Release flows
As a Java Tech Lead at Intelygenz you will:
- Be part of an agile team of amazing developers. and even better people!
- Participate in dailies, retrospectives, etc.
- Deliver quality code because this is a must for us
- Continuous integration, test, and delivery since it's part of our DNA
- At least 5 years of experience working with object-oriented programming languages such as Java
- Experience with Spring
- Knowledge of Microservices (Spring Boot...) because it will be part of your day
- Experience with non-relational databases
- Understand and share the DevOps culture. DevOps are the 2nd-largest group at Intelygenz and the heart of our culture
- Unit testing (JUnit)
- Experience with REST APIs
- Ability to adapt to different environments and projects
- Good development practices are a must for you
- Interest in scalable, distributed architectures
- Enjoy working in an agile and collaborative group
- Functional Spanish
Nice to Have
- Knowledge of Docker and/or Kubernetes
- Familiarize with TDD/ATDD
- Able to communicate in English
- Flexible working hours
- Remote working: up to 3 days per week (right now all the teams are working 100% remote)
- Tech programs: continuous training (1 hour per week to learn with your co-workers)
- Courses and certifications granted (AWS, Google Cloud…)
- Open bar of Udemy
- Office in Callao area, one of the coolest in Madrid
- Events in and outside Madrid (tickets + transport + accommodation, even outside Europe)
- Flexible retribution: restaurant, transport and kindergarten
- Health insurance (50% granted)
- Gympass and football, basketball, paddle and runners team
- Parties and team building events
- Being part of this great team!
With 16 years’ experience and a 100% track record, we deliver technology that genuinely helps people and their businesses. Our work is executed with cutting-edge code, offers measurable ROI, and is guided by professional account and client management. We put 20% of our resources into thought-provoking research, and are always open to new ideas and methodologies. We pride ourselves on being bold, honest and authentic.