Java Senior Software Engineer – Technology in Barcelona
Who we are and what is our purpose?
At eDreams ODIGEO, we all believe in one thing – helping millions of people discover their world.
Our overall mission is to create a one-stop-shop for our customers, where they can find and book the best travel options for their needs and experience amazing post-booking service in our best-rated mobile app. Our cutting edge ecommerce platform helps more than 17 million customers in 46 countries reach their destination faster, cheaper and more conveniently by finding the best travel deals out there.
If you are up for a challenge, you won’t find a more impactful or rewarding experience. Now, it’s the perfect time to join us. We are growing very rapidly out of the pandemic and are investing heavily in our Technology organization, bringing opportunities for impact and growth galore.
In the Technology team, we want to make our development teams be and feel the most productive in the world.
Our mission is to develop and run generic services and build common libraries for our product teams. We also are in charge of automating development processes (e.g., CI/CD) and supporting, training and evangelising product teams in the usage of our portfolio. Finally, we strive to always be on top of all the productivity pain points of our product teams.
You will work with innovative technologies including Java11, BigData (Kafka, Cassandra, BigTable, Redis, Neo4j), machine learning and Datamesh in a continuous delivery and cloud based environment (Docker, Kubernetes and GCP). Everything is supported by a high quality monitoring process with Sonarqube and Datadog.
We don’t look just for developers to do their code and move on to next ticket, we want Engineers that challenge the status quo, that bring new ideas on the table, that can influence, drive and have a say in the way we address our customers, the way we build our product and the way we work. Does this sound like you?
What you’ll need to be successful:
- You have meaningful experience being in a senior engineer role driving technical work for other engineers.
- You stay up-to-date on industry trends and understand how to apply them.
- Provide technical guidance for complex initiatives. Deliver strategic technical improvements.
- Improve code structure and architecture, taking care of testability and maintainability, identifying opportunities for technical investments to help the team meet the objectives.
- Successfully deliver projects with high complexity, involving multiple stakeholders, including monitoring and mitigating timeline risks.
- Effectively give and receive feedback, including code reviews, architecture reviews, and mentoring other team members, coaching them to upgrade their skills and grow to the next level.
- Communicate complex ideas to technical and business stakeholders, and establish alignment within the broader organization.
- Constantly looking to expand your skills and skill-sets through learning and increasing knowledge.
- Team player -> You enjoy collaborating, sharing your skills and knowledge with others.
- Good English level that will allow you to work in a multicultural environment. Our teams are from all over the world (> 50 nationalities), with different backgrounds, cultures and interests.
What’s in it for you?
- Grow your career with our Fast-track development program. You will be able to tailor and accelerate your growth, choosing between 6 steps development career path, 3 steps architecture career path or 3 steps management career path.
- Work wherever and whenever: You will have a great lifestyle and work-life-balance with our: flexible hours policy, short Friday schedule (9am-3pm) and flexible remote working policy. You will have the option to work from any location in Spain, Portugal or Italy, with occasional travels to one of our main hub locations (Barcelona, Madrid, Porto, Milano)
- Choose your equipment and really own it! You can choose the OS, laptop and monitor you want to work with and the equipment is totally yours after 3 years in the company.
- Competitive compensation package with an attractive bonus structure PLUS
A free eDreams Prime subscription to benefit from significant discounts on your travels and hotel bookings
Special discounts in other local venues, such as gyms, restaurants, shops.
Flexible remuneration plan that allows you to pay reduced rates and tax free for childcare, transport, restaurants, and health insurance
- Continuous growth and learning
Our Learning & Development programs give you access to tech talks, soft and technical skills training, external events, industry conferences etc
Language classes for English and Spanish
- A great relocation package, for those that decide to move to one of our hub locations (Barcelona, Madrid, Porto, Milano)
- Amazing offices in central locations in Barcelona, Madrid, Milano and Porto, newly refurbished to support team building and social activities
Come fly with us and apply now!
At eDreams ODIGEO we are committed to being an equal opportunity employer, promoting diversity and inclusion at the workplace in all the countries we are present. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, skin color, nationality, gender identity, sexual orientation, age, marital status, disability status or any other feature that can be perceived as discriminatory.
We are more than 1000 people from more than 50 nationalities. All different and diverse, but all united by shared values and focused on achieving success, together as a team. Our people are the key of our success. Each one of them is unique in their own way and the respect for their uniqueness is and will always be a passion and motivation.
About eDreams ODIGEO